"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Upmarket lodge situated within a Big 5 Reserve seeks a suitably qualified and experienced couple to fill the roles of Field Guide and Front Of house Lodge anchor to join their team.
Duties for HER: Welcoming guests upon arrival, lodge orientation, check in and registration procedures, processing of reservations (using Semper). She will ensure all front of house communication is streamlined at all time and be the link between the guest and reception/ reservations.
Duties for HIM: Welcoming guests upon arrival, assisting with lodge orientation, performing guided game drives within a Big 5 Reserve, ensuring optimal levels of safety for guests at all times. He will assist with ad hoc duties in and around the reserve as needed as well as assist in other departments within the lodge when needed.
What you need to apply for this position: SHE: Grade 12, Tertiary qualification in Hospitality Management/ Hotel Management highly beneficial. Minimum of 2 years previous working experience in Front Office within 4-5* properties in the capacity of Receptionist/ Reservations. Must be computer literate on MS Office suite and Semper (or a similar reservations management system) HE: FGASA Level 1, DEAT registered, First Aid Level 1, Unendorsed drivers licence and PDP. Must have a minimum of 2 years previous guiding experience on which 1 year must be within a Big 5 reserve.
Please send through copies of your qualifications with letters of reference and a head and shoulders photograph with your application.
· Reference: LS-75979-0801 · Salary: R13 000 Live in (Combined) · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 08 May 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A luxury 12 Tented Lodge situated in Madikwe Game Reserve.
12 Tents. General Manager or Remote couple would work well. Also looking of an Operations Manager. General Operational Management Duties will apply. Previous experience within upmarket Lodges within similar positions essential.
Accommodation, meals on duty.
Previous Game Lodge Management experience. Exceptional All rounders required with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to run all aspects of the general operation.
Relevant Hospitality Qualifications are essential.
· Reference: LS-75885-2608 · Salary: R14 000 - R30 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 26 Apr 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the resort and its staff. They have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximise profits, the manager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests' needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements
Duties and responsibilities
Guard the efficiency/productivity and the company results:
Draw up plans and budget concepts (revenues, costs, etc. );
Safeguard the realization, tracing and adjustment of deviations;
Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings;
Guard/ controlling of cost price
Delivering of data and proposals for the budgets and investments.
Safeguard quality of operations (internal & external audits)
Manage the various Department Heads
Coordinate planning of Department Heads and Assistant Managers with regard to time-tables, work schedules, employment of employees within the different services; solving of bottle necks;
Coordination of the execution of activities via instructions to the Heads of Departments/ Assistant Managers, supervision of the execution;
Determination of the workforce, recruitment and hiring of new staff, supervision of sufficient introduction, execution of performance reviews and training of staff.
Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads in their absence.
Implement the SOPs optimally in the resort and act as a flag ship establishment for the brand.
Prepare a monthly financial reporting. Ensure an adequate administration, for the outgoing and incoming invoices, for the payment of invoices and for drawing up periodical management data. Justify deviations and differences.
Leading various internal and external meetings and committees and required by the group and statutory regulations
Supervise the fulfillment of the regulations of the employment.
Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
Manages labour standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
Explains and manages financial activities.
Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors. Sales
Works with Regional Director of Sales to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives.
Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market.
Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase visibility within the local market.
Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
Ensure +85% guest satisfaction throughout property.
Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company's goals and objectives.
Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
Perform other duties which are requested by the company.
Skills/Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General education related to hospitality, on middle and higher management level.
- At least 5+ years' experience within the hotel/lodge/ property industry in Management.
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
- Highly managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Possible night shifts
Weekend, Sunday and public holiday shifts
· Reference: LS-75811-0710 · Salary: R35 000 - R50 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 07 Apr 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Will be responsible for the management of the operational area in such a manner that customer satisfaction is achieved.
Assist with queries and guests complaints - management on duty.
Effective management of all staff
Create and maintain relationship with guests.
Responsible for the management of the entire establishment in the absence of the GM
Minimum of 3 years experience as a Duty Manager, as well as a minimum of 3 years experience in an Operations Management position in a 4/5 Star Hotel Should be experienced within all different areas of a Hotel Polite, friendly person with a strong personality that can think on their feet Well spoken and well presented individual Strong leader who have been in charge of employees before Must have grade 12 and be computer literate Previous experience on Opera and Micros would be an advantage Formal hospitality degree/diploma preferable
· Reference: LS-75801-0605 · Salary: Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 06 Apr 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1