"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Our 5-star hotel in Umhlanga, KZN is currently recruiting for an experienced Handyman.
The incumbent will report directly to the Facilities Manager and will be responsible for: ensures a smooth and consistent resolution to maintenance issues logged during a shift and via verbal instructions. Areas of responsibility include: Security, Pools, Grounds, Hotel Rooms and any other area of the Hotel. The role will include general DIY and maintenance including basic carpentry, plumbing, painting and decorating.
Prior experience as a Handyman
Hands on Problem Solving approach and the ability to remain calm under pressure
Effective communication with members of staff as well as Guests of the Hotel
Honest and trustworthy beyond approach
Great attention to detail
Presentable and well spoken
Team Player who leads by example
Proactive in approach
Ability to run with multiple tasks/jobs at once
· Reference: LS-77148-0604 · Salary: R 4,200.00 p/m · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 06 Sep 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Upmarket hotel with extensive conference, banqueting and events facilities seeks suitably qualified and experienced Supervisor to co-ordinate and manage the Maintenance team under the auspices of the Maintenance Manager. Duties include staff supervision and co-ordination, including teams in regards to external contractors (if deemed necessary). He she will manage stock, ensure par levels as needed for the department and control accordingly. He/ she will be involved in ensuring all routine and preventative maintenance requirements are attended to timeously and without incident. Related administration applies.
What you need to apply for this position:
Grade 12. Minimum of 5 years previous working experience as a Maintenance Supervisor with exposure to the repairs and maintenance of Electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating, building, carpentry, basic vehicle maintenance and other related repairs. Must be computer literate on MS Office suite. Must have an unendorsed drivers licence and own
· Reference: LS-77047-3110 · Salary: R12 000 Live out · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Multi-faceted complex offering accommodation, conference, wedding & events venues seeks a suitably experienced Maintenance Manager to attend to all property maintenance requirements. Duties include leading maintenance team in ensuring all routine and preventative maintenance requirements are attended to. This includes (but is not limited to): attending to plumbing, building, sewerage, air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, gardens and landscaping, basic vehicle repair and other related duties as required. The successful incumbent will be required to manage stock and stores related to the department, including related administration.
What you need to apply for this position: Grade 12; preference given to candidates with qualifications/ Trade qualifications and courses completed in Electrical, Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration trades. Minimum of 2-5 yrs previous working experience in a similar capacity within the hospitality industry. Must have an unendorsed drivers licence and own transport. Must be computer literate on MS Office Suite.
· Reference: LS-77046-3110 · Salary: R12 000 Live out · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Responsible for the management of all aspects relating to Fleet Management, including:
Employees and staff motivation of the Fleet Team Fleet Maintenance: Service and Repairs Ordering of parts and stock control Licensing and Fines Tyre management Testing of new drivers Obtaining quotes Fleet and building management quotes Fuel Reports, VOR Reports, Tyre Reports Motor Vehicle Accident investigations Motor Vehicle Accidents claims Vehicle tracking and reports
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years Fleet and Facilities Management experience, in particular with luxury vehicles ranging from sedans to SUV's to coaches.
Responsible and reliable work ethic
Own reliable transport
Able to work shifts and over weekends as and when required
· Reference: LS-76987-2203 · Salary: R20 000 negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 22 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Tour Operator
We are recruiting for a suitably qualified and experienced individual who can provide hands on management of our Fleet nationally. We operate in five provinces. This person will be responsible for managing the entire fleet of vehicles, as well as staff management in all five of our branches. Responsibilities will include all maintenance and repairs, warranties and guarentees, licensing, suppliers, staffing.
This person will also be in charge of Health and Safety for the Company
This will suit someone who is highly organised individual who has had experience in running a very busy fleet with high turnover. The person must have a proven track record in writing, testing and implementation of Fleet Policies and Procedures and the training thereof.
At least 10 years as a Fleet Manager for a National multi-site Company
Fleet Management qualifications
· Reference: LS-76955-1403 · Salary: Highly negotiable, based on salary · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 14 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Tour Operator
Experienced Maintenance Manager needed for Hotel in Limpopo. The successful candidate would be responsible for all the Maintenance within the Hotel that falls within the skills and expertise of the Maintenance team. The successful candidate would also be responsible for the management of the maintenance attendants.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in a maintenance position within a Hotel
Strong personality that can think on their feet and work under pressure;
Well spoken and well presented individual;
Excellent leadership and management skills;
Must have grade 12;
Must have previous experience with Plumbing and basic electrical work
Must have an eye for detail
· Reference: LS-76929-1108 · Salary: Negotiable (Live - In) · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
• Candidate must have minimum 8 years as maintenance engineer for a large city hotel or convention centre
• extensive experience in managing all maintenance requirements of a large building including building management systems
• Duties cover planning and executing any projects involving the building, financial planning regarding the managing and upkeep of the building and will be in charge of all health and safety and risk management
• BEEE candidates ONLY are being considered
• CURRENTLY HOLDING THE POSITION ADVERTISED
• Applicants must send AN updated cv starting with current employment and also reflecting hotel or company descriptions as well as contact EMAIL details of last three DIRECT SUPERIORS FOR REFERENCE CHECKS – THIS IS ESSENTIAL
• Head and shoulders photo
• Only candidates with the above specific experience need apply. Applicants who do not have the essential requirements, will not be contacted, communicated with or replied to!. No skype or telephonic interviews will be given and candidates must be able to attend an interview in person at the hotel. Open to South African citizens only. SALARY NON NEGOTIABLE AS ADVERTISED
· Reference: LS-76779-2802 · Salary: R50 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 28 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Housekeeper Supervisor - Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on expSupervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in lodge as well as tidiness and to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained throughout the lodge.. Read More & apply
Front Office And Reservations - Hartbeespoortdam
Salary: R5 000 dep on exp. We need someone with good people and telephone skills to handle telephone, walk ins and email booking enquiries, as well as other FOH functions.Read More...
Field Guide - Johannesburg/Kruger
Salary: Neg dep on exp and qualifications. Safari operator requires permanent FGASA level 1 guides to conduct guided vehicle safaris in National Parks and in a big 5 environment.Read More...
Senior Chef - Stanford
Salary: Dep on experience. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced chef who is enthusiastic, hard working with a passion for creating exciting food.Read More...
Direct Sales Consultant - Cape Town City Centre
Salary:Dep on Experience + Comm. One of the largest Adventure Tour Companies in Africa is seek a dynamic and experienced person to join their vibrant team of DIRECT SALES consultants. Read More...