"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Welcoming guests upon arrival, assist with check in procedures and porterage duties. Preforming guided game drives, ensuring guest safety at all times. Passionate about guest satisfaction and a team player
Assisting with routine and preventative maintenance in and around the lodge as needed.
FGASA level 1 - minimum
First Aid level 1 - minimum
DEAT registered - current
Minimum of 1 years guiding experience within a Big 5 reserve preferable.
Knowledge of maintenance, routine and preventative vehicle repairs, computer literate and any other relevant qualitfications will enhance your chance of appointment.
A good command of English and good people skills is essential.
· Reference: LS-76396-2601 · Salary: R4 500 - R5 500 dependant on experience - live in · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 26 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
My client based in Limpopo is looking for a qualified trainer to run programs with staff and external students. An exciting opportunity to join this well established Hospitality operation.
Ensuring strict health and safety protocol in the field and at campus
Student outings & logistics
Maintaining high training and programme standards
South African residency
Full FGASA Level 2
Full FGASA Trails Guide
Valid ARHSASSETA Proficiency
Drivers licence and PDPValid
Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to interact with people from diverse back grounds.
Fluent in English, both spoken and written
Extensive experience in the guiding industry (minimum 3 years)
Excellent presentation skills
Excellent organisational skills
Pro-active, self-motivated, and flexible
Ability to work independently
Good computer skills
Previous training experience an advantage
· Reference: LS-76400-2602 · Salary: R18 000 - R25 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 26 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Bright Search Recruitment is searching for a Field Guide for a 5 Star Game Lodge within a Big 5 Reserve.
Job Description and Duties:
Must have 1 years' experience in 5 star lodges. You will be expected to conduct games drives and walks daily, this is a busy lodge and you can drive every day of a 6-week cycle. We are also a child friendly lodge, and you may also be required to take children activities. Hosting of guests in the evening until they sit for dinner, on a rotation basis you work until close. You must be a self-motivated person, willing to motivate other team members; you will need to work well with trackers and other members of the lodge.
Vicinity of Bela Bela - 5* luxury lodge situated within Big 5 Reserve seeks a suitably qualified and experienced Trails Guide to join their Team. Duties include providing guided game drives to international guests, always ensuring guest safety is priority. The successful incumbent will perform guided Guest walks into Dangerous game territory on request as well as other ad hoc duties as needed. Related administration applies.
What you need to apply for this position:-
Grade 12, Diploma in Game Lodge management or similar HIGHLY BENEFICIAL. Minimum of Fgasa 1, Full FGASA Trails Guide Certification and required walking hours/ encounters; First Aid, ARH, PDP, Unendorsed drivers licence, SASSETA. Must be computer literate on MS Office Suite. Please send through copies of your qualifications with your application
· Reference: LS-76336-2010 · Salary: Negotiable Live in · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 20 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Some relief management / Assistant Lodge Management experience in a similar lodge and environment
Excellent communication skills
Ability to use initiative
Excellent people and leadership skills
Knowledge of staff management
Excellent hosting skills / guest relations
Have a high sense of responsibility
Must have the ability to train and mentor staff
Passionate about guest satisfaction
Experience in the FOH operations of a 5* Game lodge
Excellent administration, hosting and organizational skills
FGASA Level 1 or higher
FGASA Lead Trails Guide
Must have 5* Lodge experience
Rifle competency & ARH
DEAT registered - preferably for Limpopo
Valid RSA driver's license & PrDP
Some general maintenance experience
Must be passionate about trails and drives - unfortunately no off roading allowed on this reserve.
(Fantastic for a Guide who loves trails though!)
· Reference: LS-76331-1901 · Salary: R18, 000 – R22, 000 Live in Meals Uniform Own accommodation (Beautiful new staff accommodation currently being built) Fantastic property - work for and team - work with! · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 19 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
My client is looking for a qualified FGASA level 1 Field / Nature Guide for a long established, intimate, beautiful, non-big 5 property situated within a 1 hour drive of Cape Town.
Our client is situated within the Cape Winelands region and the property is mainly a working livestock and grains farm. Of the Big 5, there is Buffalo on this property.
The client has a well-known reputation for its impeccable farm-style hospitality & great location in a country atmosphere. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, team & guest-orientated individual that loves mingling with Guests and doesn't mind being an all-rounder to help where needed, when not busy conducting game drives / other guest activities.
Birding course / a great passion for birding - strong advantage
Fynbos knowledge - strong advantage
KEY FOCUS AREAS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hosting of Guests
General assistance around the lodge -
E. G. Answering telephones, assisting with meal service, general guest relations, ability to check in or check out Guests
Also possibly - Nature walks / hiking trails, Mountain biking, Canoeing with Guests
Voluntary involvement in Buffalo, Quagga and tortoise breeding projects if you would like, when not busy with other lodge duties.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS:
(DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND SUITABILITY)
Please advise your min - max negotiable salary expectation upon application.
Basically furnished accommodation - Staff receive their own room but will share communal areas such as bathroom, kitchen, living area. (The client will endeavor to provide a lady candidate with her own bathroom).
Meals - Staff need to fund a prep their own meals but if there are any leftover brunches etc. staff are welcome to help themselves if as confirmed by the Chef. Town trips are done regularly for grocery purchases.
Pension fund contribution - TBC.
Laundry room available - staff do their own laundry.
13th Cheque at the discretion of the company.
Annual increase in March at the discretion of the company.
Annual leave of 30 days to be taken in the month of July when the property does renovations and maintenance.
Bednight privileges - to be discussed / at discretion of management.
Medical aid contribution - To be discussed after 3 months' probation.
Gratuities - All tips get pooled and divided between staff.
If a staff member or Guide receives a tip directly it is their decision to hand this in to be pooled or to keep.
Minimum 6 days off per month with one weekend.
Annual leave of 30 days to be taken in the month of July when the property does renovations and maintenance.
Shift work takes place at this property of either 08h00 - 17h00 / 14h00 - 23h00.
· Reference: LS-76326-1910 · Salary: R6 500 - R8 500 depending on qualifications and experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 19 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Limpopo - Luxury lodge situated within Big 5 Reserve seeks suitably qualified and experienced Field Guide to join their team. Duties include: welcoming guests upon arrival, assist with check in procedures and porterage duties. Marketing of guiding experiences on property. Performing guided game drives and guided game walks, ensuring guest safety at all times. Assisting with routine and preventative maintenance in and around the lodge as needed. Related administration including updating the sightings register on various social media platforms.
What you need to apply for this position:
Grade 12; FGASA 1 (min) with FGASA Trails qualification being PREFERRED. Must have Weapons Handling Skills/ SASSETA competency, First Aid Certification, be DEAT registered, THETA assessed, Unendorsed drivers licence + PDP. Minimum of 2 years previous working experience within Big 5 Reserves essential.
· Reference: LS-76319-1511 · Salary: Salary Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 15 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
The Junior Assistant General Manager (GM) Couple is responsible for the day-to-day management of the allocated division and its staff. They have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning and organising their department
The Departments are
Maintnance / Events / Game Ranging
Frount of House/ Spa / Admin and Accoutns
The managers must pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests' needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements
Skills/Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General education related to hospitality, on middle management level.
- At least 5 years' experience within the hotel/lodge/ property industry.
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skilful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
- Highly managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Possible night shifts
Weekend, Sunday and public holiday shifts
· Reference: LS-76313-1406 · Salary: R10 000 - R15 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 14 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1234