"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Our game lodge is growing and requires a young management couple. We are situated inside the Big 5 - Zululand Rhino Reserve - Mkuze, KwaZulu Natal and have been in the industry for 24 years.
Requirements as a couple:
Ethical with good standards and values
Strong leaders who are highly motivated and team players
Passionate about the bush and people
Friendly, well-presented and spoken
The daily running of a small 3 star lodge environment and all its departments
Client orientated with a focus on customer service (local as well as international)
Minimum of 2 years' experience in lodge management
References and track record
Passionate, positive and dynamic personalities
Good managerial, organisational, delegation skills
Good Interpersonal skills and communication skills
Must be computer literate
Experience within a similar position is a MUST - at least 2 years relevant experience
Must have Grade 12
Hospitality or Lodge Management qualification would be beneficial
Field guide: 2-3 years' experience guiding in Big 5 region
FGASA 1 or 2 (DEAT / THETA registered)
Valid PDP and valid driver's license
Passionate with positive attitude
Handyman and maintenance management skills will be a huge advantage
Administration: front of house, reception, reservations, meet and greet, general office work, invoicing etc.
Food and beverage management: Stock controls, food orders, purchase, food and beverage management experience, planning of menu's and hosting
Manage: staff, and housekeeping management
Valid driver's license
Accommodation: (doesn't really make provision for children, so preferably no dependants)
Meals (when there is guests)
The salary will be negotiable and will depend on previous experience
Tips and gratuities
· Reference: LS-70890-2601 · Salary: R12 000 - R18 000 per couple · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 26 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A remote yet busy mountain lodge, integrated with the local Community, offering a wide variety of adventure activities. Candidates must be able to embrace the harsh elements of Mother Nature.
Duties will include the following:
Daily management of the Lodge & ALL that it entails.
All front of office operations including staff management, check-ins & check-outs, reservations, cash ups, related reporting & administration.
Weekly & monthly stock takes.
Ensuring Guest relations at all times with great emphasis on Customer service & attention to detail.
Achieving maximum sales & guests experience, while adhering to the standards of service required by the Lodge.
Co-ordination of all adventure activities & various functions.
Reporting to Lodge Owners.
Minimum of 3 years experience working together as a couple in similar position, is essential & candidates must have worked in rural areas before.
The candidates must have the following skills:
Working knowledge of tourism, local cultures, conservation & lodge management.
Must have excellent communication skills; be proficient in English, ability to communicate in foreign language an advantage & conversational ability in Sesotho an added advantage.
Must have strong administrative skills - from day sheets, daily menus to month end stock takes.
Reporting, basic accounting, systems development, budgets & fully computer literate. Knowledge of Odyssey an advantage.
Experience of management & training of lodge staff in front office, food & beverage, guiding (FGASA), house-keeping, 4x4 driving, adventure activities such as horse-riding, abseiling, fly-fishing, mountain biking.
Maintenance skills & experience an advantage.
Broad mechanical & technical skills for all types of vehicles, building design & construction, plumbing, refrigeration, gas, solar & generator installation knowledge.
Should be willing to work for extended periods in a remote environment with varied & odd hours under pressure.
Be prepared to live with limited electricity.
Unendorsed Drivers licence with PDP.
Must have a tertiary qualification preferably a degree or diploma in Hospitality / Tourism or Adventure Guide Qualification.
Please send through copies of your qualifications with letters of reference with your application. We require a head & shoulders photograph of your-self along with CV submission.
No Skype or telephonic interviews will be given & candidates musts be able to attend an interview in person, at own expense. Standard 3 month probationary period, 6 weeks on 2 weeks off but flexible, minimum 2 year contract, dependable of work permits application.
Benefits: Accommodation, meals, laundry.
· Reference: LS-70883-2504 · Salary: LSL20 000.00 to LSL25 00.00 per couple, live in, dependable on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 25 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Our client is seeking a qualified and experienced STORE MANAGER to be based within the Johannesburg area, and willing to travel into Africa. Needed for a 3 months Contract. Positions are available immediately. Package includes: accommodation, all meals, daily allowance of R150, travel insurance, return flights.
Candidate must have a hospitality qualification and previous experience at management level in Stores. Must be able to manage and control large amounts of stock levels. Have a very good understanding of stock management. Be able to do the procurement of all items. Must be able to think on your feet. Must be systems orientated. Coordinate and manage the overall operations of the Purchasing, Storeroom, and Receiving Department to ensure that all departments adequate supplies to perform their duties in an efficient manner. Willing to travel into Africa and needs to have valid passport. Position is to start immediately.
· Reference: LS-70879-2509 · Salary: R20 000 - R35 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 25 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Our client is seeking a qualified and experienced LAUNDRY MANAGER to be based within the Johannesburg area, and willing to travel into Africa. Must be able to speak French.
Candidate must have a hospitality qualification and previous experience at management level in housekeeping / laundry. Must have worked in a large hotel in the same position. Needs to have strong organizational skills and be systems orientated. Ensure to maintain top level cleanliness following set policies, standards and procedures. Ensure to promote actively team work within laundry department and maintain strong interdepartmental relations. Needs to be able to manage and large staff complement and large volume of clothing. Willing to travel into Africa and needs to have valid passport. Position is to start immediately.
· Reference: LS-70878-2509 · Salary: R30 000 - R35 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 25 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Our client is seeking a qualified and experienced FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER to be based within the Johannesburg area, and willing to travel into Africa. Needed for a 2 months Contract. Positions are available immediately.
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years' experience, as a Front of House Manager. Must have a Hospitality qualification. Must be willing to work long hours. Be presentable, well-spoken, reliable, trustworthy, and passionate about customer service and the industry. A team player and able to assist with mundane tasks as well as get hands dirty. Needs to be very organized and be able to work well under pressure, be able to multi task. Knowledge of Micros POS is beneficial. Willing to travel into Africa and needs to have valid passport. Position is to start immediately. Must be able to speak French.
· Reference: LS-70877-2508 · Salary: R30 000 - R35 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 25 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Our client is seeking a qualified and experienced BACK OF HOUSE MANAGER to be based within the Johannesburg area, and willing to travel into Africa. Must be able to speak French. Needed for a 3 months Contract. Positions are available immediately.
Package includes: accommodation, all meals, daily allowance of R150, travel insurance, return flights.
Candidate must have a hospitality qualification and previous experience at management level in Food & Beverage and or Housekeeping and or Back of House Management. Must have exceptional Organisational skills. Must be able to plan and coordinate operating equipment. Must be able to control a large casual labour force. Must have excellent inventory / stock & operating equipment control experience. Staff management and task allocation will be required. Ensure the sections are fully prepped at all times for trading and there is sufficient prepped stock in reserve should it be required. Liaise with other managers to ensure all bases are covered. Willing to travel into Africa and needs to have valid passport. Position is to start immediately.
· Reference: LS-70874-2508 · Salary: R25 000 - R35 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 25 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Based in Maasai Mara at a luxury camp, we have an exciting opportunity for a Camp Management Couple to run this exclusive 8 tents ‘home in the bush'. The camp has 25 staff members and the management couple will report to the Operations Manager. They should be willing to work for extended periods (6 weeks at a time) in a safari bush environment.
Duties will include the following:
- Hosting guests during their stay from arrival to departure and during meals.
- Managing, leading, mentoring and training of the Housekeeping, F&B, Security and Guide team.
- Overseeing and Assisting the Head Chef.
- Overseeing the Maintenance team (re vehicles, solar equipment …)
- All administration pertaining to purchasing & logistics including orders, consumption and stocktaking supervision.
- All administration pertaining to staff including registers, staff welfare and staff discipline.
Benefits will include:
- Medical insurance and air evacuation cover.
- Work leave structure 6 weeks on, 1 week off. Ten month season, one month paid leave and one month unpaid.
- All meals, accommodation and transport into and out of camp.
- Minimum two year contract.
The candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification preferably a degree or diploma in Hospitality / Tourism or similar which is essential for work permit application processes.
- Management experience in a luxury camp environment an advantage.
The candidates must have the following skills:
- Enthusiasm, energy and passion for wildlife / conservation.
- Strong administrative skills. Maintenance skills and experience an advantage.
- Culinary experience and skills, professional or domestic
- Experience and ability to guide staff.
- Fully computer literate.
- Proficient in English, ability to communicate in foreign languages are an advantage.
- Candidates need to be mature, well educated, well presented and well spoken.
- Candidates need to be responsible, able to work under pressure and unsupervised.
· Reference: LS-70873-2205 · Salary: Dep on experience : US$ 1750 - 2500 net · Country: Kenya · Province: · Date Posted: 22 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Rustic and remote camp seeks experienced game lodge management couple who are currently holding a similar position and who have minimum 3 years game lodge management experience - ie both parties must have experience. He = FGASA accredited with field guiding and management experience / She = hospitality or catering management experience. Applicants who do not have the above specific experience, will not be contacted or communicated with! No skype or telephonic interviews will be given and candidates must be able to attend an interview in person.
· Reference: LS-70830-1811 · Salary: R30 000 LIVE IN · Country: Swaziland · Province: · Date Posted: 18 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Seeking a Managament Couple with formal hospitality qualifications and at least 3-5 years formal experience within a 4/5 Star Hotel. Must be well educated, well presented individuals and must be willing to work in a remote environment in Mozambique. Must have experience in staff management.
Skills / Requirements:
-Must have formal hospitality qualifications and at least 3-5 years experience within a 4/5 Star Hotel. -Computer Literate: must be proficient on formal hotel systems (For example Easy Pos, Protel, Micros, Opera etc) -Valid Passports -Must have an eye for detail -Must be highly motivated -Must be resourceful and adaptable -Excellent leadership and communications skills -Ability to train and mentor staff
Description: Professional and experienced management couple needed for new Lodge in the Lephalale district. The successful candidates should have previous experience in managing a lodge as a couple as well as previous hotel experience / or be familiar with formal hotel systems - Opera and Micros.
- Will assist with the management of the day to day operations of the lodge
- Must have Grade 12 with a formal Hospitality Degree/Diploma
- Must have at least 3 years relevant experience as a Management couple in a 4/5 star Lodge / Hotel / Operations Manager.
- Must be able to successfully manage all aspects of such a property
- Previous experience with formal hotel systems required (Opera, Micros etc)
- Previous game ranging experience would be an advantage
- Must have strong Front of House, Accommodation and Food and Beverage experience, especially conferencing and wedding experience as the lodge is mainly used as a conference and wedding venue at this stage. Both candidates doesn't necessarily need to be experienced in all of the above mentioned, between the two of them, they need to be experienced in the above mentioned.
- Must be able to work under pressure with excellent communication and leadership skills
- The accommodation doesn't really make provision for children, so it would be an advantage if the couple doesn't have any dependants.
- The salary will be negotiable and will depend on their previous experience.
- This position is a live-in position
· Reference: LS-70796-1402 · Salary: Negotiable (Live-In) · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 14 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 12
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Beauty Therapist - near Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on Exp (plus commission & incentives). Spa therapist to provide cover for 3 lodges, doing 2 weeks at each lodge then taking 2 weeks off.Read More & apply
Senior Reservations Consultants - Maun
Salary: P12000 - P18000 dep on exp. A Tour operator is looking for creative and out of the box planning and designing of leisure FIT tailor-made itineraries. Read More...
Junior Bookkeeper - Somerset West
Salary: R8000 - R10000 neg. Tour operator based in Somerset West is looking for a full time Junior Bookkeeper. Read More...
Head Chef - Grahamstown
Salary: R10000 to R15000 dep on exp 5* Lodge looking for a professional Head Chef with exceptional 5* experience gained from highly regarded upmarket Restaurants or Game Lodges. Read More...
Fgasa Level 1 Guide - Pongola
Salary:R6000 - R10000 on exp. A Game Lodge is looking for a Guide with at least 2 years experience and a valid PDP. Read More...