"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
The Jao Reserve in the Okavango Delta invites suitably qualified and experienced couples to submit applications for a Lodge Management position. Applicants must have relevant experience, exposure and especially the managerial capabilities.
Full time bush based position. Must have suitable qualifications for a work permit which is normally issued for a period of 5 years at a time.
Couples that are preferably available immediately should apply.
Tertiary education relevant to the industry is absolutely essential for work permits
Minimum of 3 years hands on relevant experience
Proven track record with references.
· Reference: LS-73339-0909 · Salary: On Application, Dep on Experience. · Country: Botswana · Province: · Date Posted: 09 May 2016 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Description: Description: General Job Description:
On site 24 hour management of luxury safari lodge. Overseeing all staff including; food and beverage supervisor, Cooks, Kitchen Helpers, bar men, Storekeeper, Housekeeping staff, Dining Rooms staff, 5 Porters/ Security/ Gardeners/ Guides, Gardener, Staff Cooks, horse guides, horse helpers
Daily running of lodge includes:
Administration Accounts and stock control measures Overseeing House-keeping staff and room checks Guest relations Maintenance of all buildings, equipment and swimming pool Up keep of grounds Running the gift shop and interacting with guests
Management of Restaurant and Bar:
Overseeing of purchasing and improving stock controls with daily food requisitions Overseeing of food orders Shopping once a week in nearest town with driver Menu planning although this is mostly done by chefs Food cost analysis and regulation Ensuring high quality food Food presentation Customer service Wine service/selection Monthly management reports Preparing accounts for the accountant
Greeting new guests (staff can also do this), customer care, dining with guests when appropriate, hosting and organising special events. This is a very important part of the manager's job.
Training and Managing staff Motivating and evaluating Co-ordinating different staff and time tabling their daily schedule Paying staff Introducing Disciplinary measures when necessary Recruitment of new staff (if and when necessary)
Onsite inspection of the properties both structural and operational Maintaining high quality of customer care/service Quality control of food/ daily feedback to kitchen.
Excellent English spoken and written
Good communication and management skills.
2 plus years experience in lodge management background in F&B/ guiding/ housekeeping advantageous
· Reference: LS-73329-0509 · Salary: USD $3 000 negotiable · Country: Tanzania · Province: · Date Posted: 05 May 2016 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
This Island is one of this well established Holding Companies flagship properties in East Africa. Situated off the coast of Zanzibar. The Island is the ultimate barefoot luxury lodge experience. The ideal individual or couple for the position, will be detail orientated, passionate about guest delight and enjoy guest interaction. Furthermore they would be strong in working in a multi-cultural environment, and enjoy staff motivation and development. As it is an island, a good knowledge of maintenance is important. Conservation and sustainable development are a core element to the Island and the ethos of the business. The ideal candidate/s would have a passion and interest in this area of work. The ideal candidate(s) must also be a very strong verbal and written communicator. As this is a flagship property, maintaining and building relationships with repeat guests, tour operators and a variety of internal and external stakeholders is vital. A worldly individual/couple with experience from other island/coastal destinations would be ideal.
KEY OUTPUTS: Island Management - Overall management for the island, including operations, conservation, R&M, kitchen, financial. Direct line management responsibility for the senior management team and indirectly for a team of 60 staff located on the island (and possibly Stone Town). Budget and forecast creation, management and control in conjunction with the Lodge Administrator and the Regional Finance Manager. Management of the lodge CAPEX programs. Human resource management and staff development. Infrastructure - development and maintenance of all infrastructure (bandas, water, electricity desalination plant, boats, etc. ). IT - maintenance IT on the island. Security - island security, emergency response and fire control. Healthcare - reviewing healthcare facilities and evacuation arrangements. Environmental health - waste, sanitation, mosquito and pest control. Logistics and procurement - mainland and island based activities. Third party contractors - control of building contractors and professional advisers. Government - liaison with local, regional and national Government and relevant stakeholders in conjunction with the Government Relations Manager. Compliance with local licensing, permits etc. Conservation - management of the Community and Conservation Officer in conservation and community projects and partnerships arrangements, including iconic projects such as the green turtle conservation and Ader's duiker population. Water sports - direct line management and support for diving and water sports team to ensure that the guest activity experience is maintained and improved upon. Sustainability - responsible for ensuring sustainability targets are met and improved upon year on year. Risk Assessment - ensure lodge is risk assessment compliant. Safari shop - manage the safari shop manager in conjunction with the regional trainer and group safari shop management team. Lodge Marketing - management of the lodge social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, etc. Ensure regular stories to the Group team are distributed and that the island maintains a strong presence in internal comms (Group Mag, etc. ). Hospitality - Build upon the existing guest experience to create new ideas and to ensure the product remains fresh and modern, whilst staying true to the history of the island - this includes guest delights, accommodation, food, staff, activities. Building relationships with new and repeat guests. Maintaining and reinforcing an environment where the Golden Thread and Brand Standards are continuously met and visible throughout the daily functioning of the property. Ensure lodge to do lists are actioned and completed (within budget). Stone Town Office - Direct line management for Zanzibar Office Manager. Oversight of ground handling operations. Ensure Zanzibar ground handling guest experience is in line with brand standards. Maximise efficiencies in procurement. KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: At least 3 years Management Experience in a 5-star boutique operation. Hospitality and Service Training Experience. Prior water sports and diving experience a plus.
Relevant Hospitality/Conservation/Tourism Qualifications are a strong advantage.
Energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a world-class guest experience, and the ability to provide that experience. Passionate about sustainable tourism and conservation. Driven, energetic, compassionate and ambitious, with strong leadership and mentoring skills. Unrelenting attention to detail and high standards. Structured manager with experience of leading diverse teams. Practical with some experience of island and boat maintenance. Open minded and able to think outside of the box. The ability to motivate and inspire yourself and others. Excellent interpersonal skills and communication. Competent financial and IT skills. Fluent in English essential. Other European languages and Kiswahili are beneficial.
Accommodation. (Regret No Children or Pets can be accommodated). Accommodation suitable for a couple or single candidate only. USD1, 000 for travel and the same for medical. We also contribute 10% of gross towards Zanzibar Social Security Fund, the staff member contributes 5% of their salaries. When expats leave they can withdraw that amount, however it is transferred into TSHS.
· Reference: LS-73323-0302 · Salary: US $ 3 500 - US $ 5 000 · Country: Tanzania · Province: · Date Posted: 03 May 2016 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Seeking an Assistant Manager / Assistant Management Couple with formal hospitality qualifications and at least 3 years formal experience within a 4/5 Star Hotel. Must be well educated, well presented individuals and must be willing to work in a remote environment in Mozambique. Must have experience in staff management.
Assisting the management couple with the day to day mangement of the lodge, and overall mangement of the lodge in the absence of the mangement couple:
Food and Beverage
Reception and Reservations
General Assistance in the daily running of the lodge
Skills / Requirements:
Must have formal hospitality qualifications and at least 3 years experience within a 4/5 Star Hotel.
Computer Literate: must be proficient on formal hotel systems (For example Easy Pos, Protel, Micros, Opera etc)
A Hospitality Group. There Are two Couple Positions available, One in Addo Elephant Park and one In Plettenberg Bay. (Both Couples need to have a Strong 5* boutique Hotel or Lodge GM with proven Track Record, the spouse to the GM can fill a number of roles in each of the establishments. They will create positions for the partner)
For the Lodge In Addo: We are looking to have someone who is committed to his/ her trade, has 5 star bush experience, has been a GM for at least 2/3 years and actually wants to work with the team and be hands on. The candidate must be strong in interpersonal skills, be operationally strong on the ground and be able to motivate the team in all departments. Have experience in dealing with the pressures of a busy lodge and the dynamics which come with the work. The lodge is a small but intensive property. Present contactable references are vital. Solid team player. A couple will be considered and a position will be created for the partner if the GM is strong.
For the property near Plettenberg Bay: We are looking for a solid candidate who has 5 star experience in this type of very busy establishment such as this exclusive lodge, an eye for details, can manage staff VERY WELL, has great guest skills and is operationally on the ground each day. Food and Beverage skills and would be an asset. Would prefer that the candidate has been a GM or such position for at least 3 years. Strong team player. Present contactable references are vital. I would look at a couple at the Lodge if one was GM and the other was DM or spa therapist. A couple will be considered and a position will be created for the partner if the GM is strong.
Relevant Qualifications will prove an advantage.
Hands On. 5* Service Orientated. Previous 5* Hotel/Lodge/Game Lodge Experience within a GM role essential.
Accommodation (Regret no accommodation for families offered (No Children/Pets), only for a couple). Meal on Duty. Gratuities.
GM Salary R20000- R25000 neg, partner's salary will depend on position. .
· Reference: LS-73256-2211 · Salary: Negotiable Depending on Experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Eastern Cape · Date Posted: 22 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Limpopo - Luxury lodge group seeks Resident Management Couple to co-ordinate and manage all requirements for this luxury lodge group and its satellite camps. Duties include:-
- Effectively manage the day to day operations of this luxury lodge and its satellite lodges in line with the Company Standards and to achieve optimum financial results and better budget.
- Implement policies and procedures, as agreed with the General Manager of the Lodge Group to ensure operations, financial controls, standards are being met
- Implement reporting structures to ensure that information are readily available, so that GM can in turn report weekly and daily to the CEO.
- Focus on reservations management at the Main Lodge to ensure that budgets are met
- Building of relationships with all major suppliers to ensure effective business relations.
- Represent the Lodge group in dealing with staff, guests, suppliers and owners.
- Staff management, development and training of all staff (all departments) including the recruitment, dismissal and transfer procedures in line with company policy
- Management of Capital expenditure, in conjunction with General Manager, as per company procedure.
- Financial and administrative management including the controlling of costs & expenses whilst maximizing revenue to achieve optimum profitability.
- Implementation of controls to manage revenue and costs
- Budget compilation to ensure efficient and profitable running of the lodge
- Prioritize capital expenditure requirements.
- Control salaries and wages focusing on reducing labour costs.
- Identify unit needs and market trends and through liaison with marketing, sales and group F&B Departments implement appropriate policies timeously.
- Managing reservations
- Building of relationships with all major suppliers to ensure effective business relations.
- Responsible for Unit website
- Implement a Social Responsibility Programme at unit level that benefits local community.
- Participate in agreed external bodies including the establishment of environmental monitorin systems in the area
- Maintenance Management:Monitor and control the Maintenance Department, Co-ordinate all major Repairs and Maintenance, Co-ordinate special projects, Instigate a planned maintenance system for both properties
- Extensive interaction with guests.
What you need to apply for this position:
- Grade 12
- Formal qualification in Hospitality/ Tourism management
- 5 - 8 years Previous Hospitality Management experience within the luxury lodge sector
- Sound financial acumen and Budget understanding
- Computer literate on MS Office suite
Knowledge of the Apex system highly beneficial.
· Reference: LS-73184-1212 · Salary: R45 000 Live in (Negotiable) · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 12
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Restaurant Dinner Manager - Devon Valey
Salary: R8 500 dep on exp. A restaurant in the Cape Winelands is looking for an experienced Restaurant Dinner Manager used to 5* delivery.Read More & apply
Senior Chef - Limpopo
Salary: R10 000. Senior chef to take responsibility and cater for International guests at three 5 star lodges. Food preparation, cooking and baking.Read More...
Spa Therapist - Island Beach Lodge
Salary: $1000 + Accom & Food. We are looking for an experienced professional Female Spa Therapist to join our team at Kayamawa.Read More...
Ranger / Field Guide - Grahamstown District
Salary: R4 500. We are looking for a young, outgoing guide to join our team. Applicant should be qualified as a FGASA Level 1 guide, possess a valid First Aid Certificate and be DEAT registered.Read More...
Couples Position Guide & Spa / FOH - Kruger National Park
Salary: On Application, Dep on Experience.. Lukimbi Safari Lodge is looking for a Guide and Spa/FOH couple. Read More...