"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Notes: Double or single accommodation provided, not suitable for children or pets
“Is this the perfect fit for you?”
Luxury lodge sleeping 30 guests. A riverside retreat in the heart of the bush, yet not to remote as the nearest town is only 15 min away.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
Day to day management of lodge operations overseeing:
Food & Beverage
What type of experience do we require?
Previous 4 / 5 * game lodge management experience
Position Reports to: General Manager
Which qualifications will secure this position?
Diploma in Hospitality or Food and Beverage
Other relevant tertiary qualification
Driver’s license for South Africa
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
Start and End dates for all previous employment
Written references that you have available
Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
· Reference: LS-66378-0701 · Salary: Negotiable · Country: Botswana · Province: · Date Posted: 07 Mar 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A remote game lodges seeks a mature and experienced game lodge management couple with minimum of 5 years game lodge or hotel management experience in recognised 4-5* establishments in Africa. Both candidates must have a tertiary qualification ie Degree or Diploma in order to obtain work permits. Will be fully responsible for the hospitality management including front of house, housekeeping, food & beverage, kitchen, hr and financial management. Detailed cv required with head & shoulders photo + contact details (EMAIL PREFERRED) of recent direct supervisors/employers essential. Only candidates who have the above 4-5* hospitality management experience will be contacted – do not apply unless you have the experience specified above. No children or pets
· Reference: LS-66341-0708 · Salary: PULA 20000 + ACCOM · Country: Botswana · Province: · Date Posted: 07 Mar 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
We require a dynamic enthusiastic and presentable management couple with a passion for service going the extra mile to complement our team. The ideal couple have minimum 4+ years managerial experience hosting international guests in 10 to 20unit 3*/ 4*lodge environment including catering for functions averaging 120 guests, have excellent communication skills, and hosting. Proven successes in building strong motivational relationships within the team and money management will be advantages.
This is a full live in position and good opportunity for young family, salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Full General Manager responsibilities overseeing all management aspects of the resort property, from gardens to budgeting for improvements, payments of creditors, staff salaries and general admin, guests transfers and hosting, guided walks and quad trails, and must be computer conversant and bilingual.
Manageress will be responsible for overseeing front of house, Bock office, kitchen, housekeeping and quotations for functions, weddings, conferences and the planning thereof.
This role is suited to a pleasant energetic couple who can easily adapt between leading a team and fitting into a team to collaborate on, and implement new ideas and using their initiative.
- Qualified Field guide,
- Maintenance background / knowledge
- Strong project management skills
- Pleasant personality and well-spoken
- Valid First aid certificate
- PDP license
- Well spoken with strong PR skills
- Afrikaans & English
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Flair for decorating and catering
Please submit the following:
(Remember even the presentation of the below will be considered when making our final decision)
- CV’s in Word format.
- Photograph of each applicant.
- Brief motivation and stipulating why you should be considered as a couple for this position.
- Include any written references and current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for previous employers, for referencing purposes.
- Do you have a notice period or preferred starting date to commence employment?
· Reference: LS-66321-0310 · Salary: TBD · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 03 Mar 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Although the camp’s facilities are intentionally relatively simple, a guest’s visit to Encounter Mara’s should be a “5 star” safari experience, with a focus on closeness to nature, personalized service, exclusivity, professionalism and warm authenticity. We have identified our guiding, hosting, food and service as keys to success. The responsibilities of the management are broad and will vary depending on the situation and needs of the camp. Due to the nature of the industry and position, the manager may be asked to fulfill roles outside of the expected job description from time to time.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Staff Management of all employees at Encounter Mara, including daily oversight, disciplinary issues, recommendations for hiring/firing, off duty roster and approvals, payment of medical reimbursements and implementation of Human Resource (HR) documentation and requirements. Note that HR support will be given by Group Human Resource Manager, especially with regards to drafting of HR documentation, training opportunities and compliance with Labour Laws of Kenya.
- Food and Beverage Management including approval of all menus, implementation and improvement of food concept, hygiene, quality control, consumption levels and kitchen stock controls.
- Guest Experience and Hosting of all visitors to Encounter Mara according to the camp ethos of managing a balance between privacy/space and a warm down-to-earth hosting by management. Ensuring guests receive personal attention and specific special requests are taken care of within reason. (Assistant Manager to take on a significant portion of this responsibility).
- Security and safety of all guests, staff and assets of the camp is a priority. This includes ensuring systems for guests to be escorted safely around the camp at night are implemented and followed.
- Controls, orders and stock keeping of all consumables, equipment, fuel and linen with use of appropriate systems to ensure there is no opportunity for theft or wastage.
- Environmental responsibility for the operations of the camp in lines with our ethos, advertising and conservancy guidelines. This includes responsible firewood usage/collection, eco-friendly disposal of waste and respect for the surrounding wildlife, plants and greater ecosystem.
- Housekeeping and laundry oversight, including checks and training to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, service and attention to detail.
- Reports and records to be sent to head office as and when requested.
Maintenance oversight of all camp assets and equipment including tents, furniture, plumbing, electrics and vehicles.
- Camp improvements and beautification through suggestion and implementation of appropriate landscaping, additional decor and other developments within budget and guidance of management, including Operations Manager’s input.
Petty cash recording and reporting.
- Communication and relationship management (as required) with conservancy representatives, community representatives and local government officials.
- Encounter Mara’s Ethos and Values to be upheld, promoted and integrated into all areas of the camp’s operations.
The camp manager will be responsible for the complete oversight of day to day operations at the camp, staff management and guest experience. The position can be filled by either a single manager or management couple. Previous experience in camp/lodge management is highly preferable whilst Food and Beverage training/experience, East African and guiding qualifications are all valuable.
· Reference: LS-66276-2711 · Salary: Negotiable based on applicant credentials · Country: Kenya · Province: · Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Tented Camp designed for those seeking an authentic and unique Masai Mara safari experience is currently looking for a married Management Couple to take over the management of this successful camp
-Camp management experience preferably gained in more remote and isolated environments
-Good experience in all departments
-Passionate and proactive managers who can continue the camp's trajectory of improving as a product.
-Strong administration skills, staff management and hosting skills are all very
-An experienced guide in the couple would be advantageous, but is not a must.
-Passionate about the bush
-Married couple preferred
-Good track record with contactable references
· Reference: LS-66272-2507 · Salary: Neg on experience · Country: Kenya · Province: · Date Posted: 25 Feb 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Danforth Yachting situated on Lake Malawi, (eastern central Africa) is looking to fill the post of chef / catering manager, to form part of the guest interaction team at a small, busy, lakeside lodge. The position is open to single applicants, male and female, or to a couple.
- Applicant must be a qualified chef with at least 8 years of experience, aged between 28 – 40 years, preferably with previous lodge experience.
- Must be able to task, plan, supervise and lead by good example, a kitchen team of 6. We are looking for someone with flexible ideas to creatively use fresh, seasonal, local ingredients.
- The position involves menu planning, food preparation and hands on kitchen work, as well as guest interaction. We therefore need not only a great chef, but someone presentable, with a sociable nature, who can assist with guests needs plus help the management team.
- The person needs to be computer literate to handle daily updates on the computerized POS system, stock ordering and stock control. Must have a good command of English.
- One year contract, renewable. Start date between 1st – 15th March 2014. This is a full live in position with meals and good quality, furnished, en-suite accommodation provided. Salary to be negotiated dependent on applicant’s qualifications, capability and suitability.
- Must be willing to relocate to a beautiful but very remote area. Regrettably children and pets cannot be accommodated.
Should this be of interest to you, then please forward your detailed CV together with recent photograph of yourself as well as contactable references.
Howard Massey-Hicks email@example.com tel +(265) 99 996 0770
· Reference: LS-66267-2401 · Salary: To be discussed · Country: Malawi · Province: · Date Posted: 24 Feb 2014 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Beach Resort in Mozambique is currently looking for an experienced couple to fill 2 roles on this busy property.
Strong Mechanical skills Diesel: vehicles ( Mahindra, Land Cruiser, Land Rover, Toyota ) Diesel generators: 13 kva - 130 kva ( total 28 ) Tractor and trailers , including boat trailers Petrol: vehicle Suzuki Boat engines: 15hp - 150hp ( two stroke and four stroke ) Petrol generators Water pumps: submersible pumps ( various ) Water system: PVC and HDDP pipes ( 25km ) Electrical skills Preferably electrical qualification Single phase and three phase Wiring of buildings, Electrical side of generators, Wiring of water pumps etc. Solar systems Installation, system control and management General handy man and maintenance matters such as welding, Air conditioners , infrastructure , water holes, roads etc. Administration Must be able to plan maintenance schedules and execute accordingly Reporting in formal written reports Must have a can do attitude , and practical approach to problems
We are not looking for a everyday maintenance person, we are looking for a person that is qualified in both mechanical and electrical fields.
There are two options 1) construction and project management background Or 2) human resource / general management (Portuguese speaking highly advantageous) Package: R 24,000 nett
· Reference: LS-66215-1909 · Salary: R24 000 pm net · Country: Mozambique · Province: · Date Posted: 19 Feb 2014 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Congo Conservation Company and Wilderness Collection are currently looking to recruit experienced Camp Managers to be based at Odzala-Kokoua, Republic of Congo, at our camps, Lango and Ngaga, which opened in August 2012.
- To meet the responsibilities below within the standards of Odzala Wilderness Camps and Wilderness Collection.
- Responsible for camp guests
• Overall management of either Lango Camp or Ngaga Camp
• Manage financial performance of the camp
• Responsible for the management, welfare and safety of all staff employed within the camp
• Implementation of the Odzala Wilderness Camps and Wilderness Collection environmental and social standards in the camp
• Ensure that a service that exceeds guest expectations is always offered
• Constantly develop and improve on the activities and guest experience in camp
• Ensure standards are in place for the camp as defined by the Odzala Wilderness Camps and Wilderness Collection branding
• Ensure that the standards are constantly adhered to and maintained in the camp
• Manage the service delivery concept in camp
- Manage the camp’s performance against the agreed annual budgets
- Manage the order process as defined by procurement procedures
- Overall responsibility for all expenses incurred and goods received in the camp
- Ensure correct financial processes are in place in the camp
- Ensure that all month-end procedures are attended to and delivered to the Financial Department within time frames as stipulated
- Ensure corrective management of all camp assets including those in the staff village
WWW.WILDERNESS-COLLECTION.COM/ODZALA HUMAN RESOURCES
- Ensure employment of suitable camp staff
- Ensure all Odzala Wilderness Camps and Wilderness Collection HR policies are followed in camp
- Ensure that payroll and other HR procedures are attended to and delivered to the HR or
- Admin department within time frames as stipulated
- Ensure succession planning for the camp with assistance from GM and/or HR
- Ensure a process of evaluation is implemented for all camp staff to monitor performance and fair pay process
- Ensure ongoing training of the camp staff to facilitate adherence to the Odzala Wilderness
Camps and Wilderness Collection standards as well as their personal development
- Ensure that the camp operates in compliance with the environmental policies of the company and that the environmental strategy as defined is implemented in the camp
- French as a language would be a distinct advantage. For non-French speakers, a commitment to learning French would be a condition of continued employment.
- A valid driver’s licence and Public Driving Permit is a prerequisite
- Professional, responsible, resourceful, smart and independent – with a natural instinct to be a wonderfully sociable host
- A keen understanding of the ethos of bush life, with a plainly apparent respect and compassion for wildlife and conservation
- Previous field guiding qualifications and experience preferable
- The willingness to work in extremely remote and challenging conditions
- International exposure and travel, especially to UK , Europe and the USA
- Previous hospitality experience and exposure to the lodge industry
Please note that only shortlisted or successful candidates will be contacted.
· Reference: LS-66204-1810 · Salary: Negotiable (experience-dependent) · Country: Congo, Rep. · Province: · Date Posted: 18 Feb 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Seeking a Management couple with formal hospitality qualifications and at least 3-5 years formal experience within a 4/5 Star Hotel. Must be well educated, well presented individuals and must be willing to work in a remote environment in Mozambique. The lodge is situated near Xai Xai.
- Day to day management of the lodge
- Food and beverage, Guest Relations, Maintenance, Administration, Housekeeping, Reception and Reservations, General assistance in the daily running of the lodge
Must have a formal hospitality qualification with at least 3-5 years experience within a 4/5 Star Hotel. Computer literate: must be proficient on formal hotel systems (for example Easy Pos, Protel, Micros, Opera ect), Valid Passports, Must have an eye for detail, Must be highly motivated, Must be resourceful and adaptable, Excellent leadership and communication skills, Ability to train and mentor staff.
Please provide a picture and references with your job application.
Due to high volumes of CVs received, should you not hear from us within 14 working days of sending your application, please consider your applications for this particular position as unsuccessful.
· Reference: LS-63634-1709 · Salary: R20000 Per couple · Country: Mozambique · Province: · Date Posted: 17 Feb 2014 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 12
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Head Chef - Natal Midlands
Passion for Food is key, Experience in a small to medium size hotel, Strong on food costing Read More...
Field Guide Trainer - Limpopo
Full FGASA level 2, Full Trails Guide qualification (preferred), SASSETA rifle competency certificate Read More...
Assistant/Deputy Manageress - Lower Zambezi National Park
Qualified, Min 2 yrs exp,Well spoken, energetic individual, Computer literate, Good managerial skills, Own transport Read More...