"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Luxury lodge operation seeks a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to manage and co-ordinate all administration for this property. Duties include (but are not limited to): Departmental invoices will need to batched accordingly and packaged for sending to the Head Office for payment. He/ She will manage, maintain and control Petty Cash Floats and will be responsible for ensuring that monthly gratuities are allocated correctly (Related summaries will need to be compiled for the Payroll Office; Allocation and postings of all Debtors' payments received, ensuring that Aged Debtors Analysis Reports are produced accurately and up to date for each month end; He/ she will process - Month-end Workbooks (accounts and payroll); Ensure that all payments received for advance deposits and guest payments are allocated and posted onto PMS accordingly and complete all weekly banking. Additional duties include ensuring that all weekly banking is completed. Additional administrative duties apply, including filing, management of leave schedules and related rosters as well as access control permits, cards and related renewals.
What you need to apply for this position:
Grade 12 (matric) with a Qualification in Bookkeeping/ Financial management (or similar). Candidate with 3 year's previous experience within the industry (within a similar position) will be given preference. Excellent communication skills required as the successful incumbent will interact with guests from time to time whilst assisting in other departments. Must be computer literate on MS Office suite, a reputable accounting programme with an understanding of Property Management systems being highly beneficial.
· Reference: LS-76942-1111 · Salary: R11 000 Live in · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Please, only serious candidates to apply. Send your CV's and head and shoulder picture.
· Reference: LS-76868-0710 · Salary: R18,000 - R25,000 depending on experience (Board & Lodging included in package) · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 07 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Description: A 5* boutique HOTEL seeks a qualified and experienced 5* boutique hotel GM meeting the following ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:-
Hospitality management diploma
Currently managing a 5* boutique style hotel with over 40 rooms
Applicants must send AN updated cv starting with current employment and also reflecting hotel or company descriptions as well as contact EMAIL details of last three DIRECT SUPERIORS FOR REFERENCE CHECKS - THIS IS ESSENTIAL
Head and shoulders photo
Only candidates with the above specific working experience will be considered and will be contacted
· Reference: LS-76857-0412 · Salary: R45 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Assists with the development and maintenance of a detailed Department Operations Manual that reflects policies and procedures, work processes and standards of performance within the Division. Ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes. Assists with the preparation of the annual Finance Business Plan ensuring Divisional Objectives fully address business objectives of the hotel and needs of employees. Assists with the preparation and regular update of the Materials Departmental Budget, in close cooperation with the Financial Controller ensuring targets are met and costs are effectively controlled.
Ensure that hotel expenses are minimized through the use of effective purchasing and by obtaining the most competitive prices for goods and services. Keep inventories as low as possible to properly supply the operation's needs and maximize inventory turnover and space utilization. Ensure that inventory items are stored properly and issued in FIFO rotation to minimize wastage and spoilage. Be aware of all cost in the Materials Department and to recommend measures of control. Enforce all operating and control procedures to ensure that movement of goods into and within the hotel is properly accounted for. Enforce internal control Policy and Procedure throughout the department, regarding purchasing, receiving, inventory control, issuing and emergency issuing. Exercise efficient Payroll Management/ Resource allocation through the establishment of a flexible workforce throughout the Division. This will be based on the principles of a flexible employee base (Full Time and Part Time employees), multi-skilling and multi-tasking.
Manage all aspects of purchasing, receiving, storage and inventory control. Responsible for the issuing and distribution of inventory items within the hotel, and for the accurate and timely allocation of costs to the user department. Conduct regular market surveys, obtaining competitive quotations and aggressively negotiating in order to reap the maximum price benefits of purchasing power. Keep inventories as low as possible to properly supply the operation's needs and maximize inventory turnover and space utilization. Advise the General Manager and Financial Controller of the cost and implications of each department's consumption of inventory and non-inventory items. Contribute to all forecasting and business planned activities by providing historical information and cost projections Advise departments directly of any excessive purchases or consumption of inventory and to recommend practices to reduce such cost, including alternative sources for products Obtain and coordinates all product and purchase specifications from the various heads of department by means of a purchase request (PR) and maintain files of these purchase requests together with purchase orders (PO).
Produces Quality Work The ability to produce high quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of Hyatt's standards and processes Achieves Results The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments Promotes Teamwork and Collaboration The ability to build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives. Communicates Effectively The ability to listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others. Shows Initiative and Resourcefulness The ability to initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically Focuses on Customers The ability to identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
Matric Formal Hospitality Qualifications
· Reference: LS-76847-0308 · Salary: Negotiable depending on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Luxury Lodge operation within private nature reserve seeks a suitably qualified and experienced, frontline and dynamic Camp Manager to join their management team. Duties include full responsibility in regards to the daily operations pertaining to the Camp. The successful incumbent will be responsible for to Co-ordinate F&B, Rooms Division, Front Office, Mainteannce (including security and gardening teams). You will be required to supervise, manage and training staff and ensure seamless levels of service at all times. Related administration applies. Extensive hosting and guest interaction forms an ongoing duty of this position.
What you need to apply for this position:
Grade 12, Formal qualification in Hotel/ Tourism/ Lodge management or similar. Minimum of 3 years functional management experience in a Hospitality or related environment. Must be computer literate on MS Office suite.
· Reference: LS-76800-3111 · Salary: R6 800 Live in · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 31 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Our client seeks a suitably qualified and experienced Project Manager to service surrounding communities within the Reserve. Duties include (but are not limited to): Create a portfolio of community-based projects that will bring social and economic benefit to communities in the reserve region.
- Lead and manage all administration and financial records of the project
- Ongoing supervision of all projects involved in the upliftment and achievement of provision of basic needs through empowering communities with sustainable economic development.
- Supervising all current projects
- Networking to build contacts and maintain existing relationships
- Keeping all records of meetings and communications on file, maintaining record keeping of Contracts, meeting minutes and discussions as well as all expenses incurred
- Ongoing liaison with lodge general managers within the reserve
- Carrying out various administrative tasks such as guest emails, donor relations, supplier relations
- Compilation of monthly report detailing work summaries, financial records and related financial expenses vs income
- Reconciliation of accounts with lodge Financial Controllers
- Compilation of Monthly newsletters to be drawn up for the various lodge guests
- Updating news on Social media and Writing monthly blogs
What you need to apply for this position:
- Tertiary education in administration, computer literacy and financial reporting PREFERRED
- Proven track record in budget management and transparent financial management
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in demanding environment
- Community-centered approach to development
- Strong organizational skills
- Events management for community functions
· Reference: LS-76797-3110 · Salary: R14 500 Live in + Benefits · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 31 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 123
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Housekeeper Supervisor - Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on expSupervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in lodge as well as tidiness and to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained throughout the lodge.. Read More & apply
Front Office And Reservations - Hartbeespoortdam
Salary: R5 000 dep on exp. We need someone with good people and telephone skills to handle telephone, walk ins and email booking enquiries, as well as other FOH functions.Read More...
Field Guide - Johannesburg/Kruger
Salary: Neg dep on exp and qualifications. Safari operator requires permanent FGASA level 1 guides to conduct guided vehicle safaris in National Parks and in a big 5 environment.Read More...
Senior Chef - Stanford
Salary: Dep on experience. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced chef who is enthusiastic, hard working with a passion for creating exciting food.Read More...
Direct Sales Consultant - Cape Town City Centre
Salary:Dep on Experience + Comm. One of the largest Adventure Tour Companies in Africa is seek a dynamic and experienced person to join their vibrant team of DIRECT SALES consultants. Read More...