Prepares and bakes pastries and related items.
• Shares common team values such as loyalty, trust and respect and treat their colleagues accordingly.
• Fully familiarised with all hotel and company policies, as well as hotel programmes offered such as Loyalty programmes, audit and service measurement programmes and merit awards.
• Participate in company and hotel induction-and refresher programmes.
• Demonstrate exceptional level of professionalism, maturity and emotional intelligence at all times
• Produce deserts, icings and fancy pastries according to standard recipes.
• Measures and mixes ingredients, such as flour, flavouring, and fruit, to form concoctions.
• Turns oven controls to regulate temperatures and to set time cycle for baking products.
• Creates new designs and recipes.
• Inspects pastry station and baking equipment for cleanliness.
• Avoids unnecessary wastage.
• Helps with the preparation of buffets and be available to assist with the service of the buffets.
• Performs order placing for following day’s activities.
• Assists in the control of production costs.
• Takes stock of food items when instructed to do so.
• Ensures clean and hygienic conditions in all work areas including all refrigerators and storage areas.
• Assists in the training of all kitchen staff with particular attention being paid to trainees.
• Be familiar with First Aid procedures and also fire and emergency procedures and the necessary reporting which is required.
• Performs additional duties as required or as requested by the Executive
Tertiary Chef’s Qualification
Hotel kitchen experience as a qualified Pastry Chef
Pastry ingredients, preparation & equipment
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
· Reference: LS-69221-3011
· Salary: R6000 - R8000
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Gauteng
· Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014
· Employer type: Hotel