"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
We are looking for a single mature experienced Food & Beverage Manager / Chef with an absolute passion for food preparation for our stunning four Star Lodge in Rivonia, Sandton. Looking for a mature person with an outgoing personality and excellent communication skills who loves to interact with guests. Must be able to prepare and manage the preparation of proper Traditional South African cuisine and be able to do specialist catering for special events. We accommodate up to 100 guests, host weddings, concerts, conferences and private functions.
Accommodation is available. Please attach your resume and a LETTER OF INTRODUCTION outlining why you would be the perfect candidate for this job and what you can offer us. Salary will depend on demonstrated capability, experience and qualification.
Qualifications required: Post matric culinary qualification. Must be fluent in English. Fluency in Afrikaans is a condition for this position. Minimum of 5 years previous working experience in the industry, within both A la carte and Buffet environments. Must be able to produce food of a high standard, work under extreme pressure, be hardworking, honest, reliable, trustworthy, enthusiastic and detail-orientated. Must be able to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends, public holidays, etc)
The candidate must have the following skills: Management skills, meal preparation for a la carte, buffet and set menus. Creative plating. Stock management – Orders, Control, Weekly stock take. Ensure Kitchen hygiene and supervision of kitchen staff. Ensure all equipment is maintained well and in correct working order.
· Reference: LS-68283-2010 · Salary: Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 20 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Guest House / Bed & Breakfast
Tshwane – A luxury Guest House seeks a suitably qualified Head Chef/ Snr Sous Chef to manage all culinary requirements for this prestigious Guest House.
• Menu compilation
• Meal preparation, plating and presentation
• Kitchen management
• Kitchen hygiene and cleanliness
• Stock management (purchasing, issuing, stock rotation, stock take and related administration)
• Liason with guests in regards to special meals, dietary requirements
• Grade 12 (matric)
• Culinary qualification from a reputable Culinary institution
• Minimum of 3 years previous working experience in a similar position / Snr SOus chef with emphasis on plated meals
• Computer literate on MS Office Suite
• Unendorsed drivers licence
• Own transport
· Reference: LS-68251-1811 · Salary: R10 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 18 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Guest House / Bed & Breakfast
- Minimum Std. 10 (Grade 12)
- City & Guilds Chefs Qualification
- Excellent Communication Skills
- At least 2 year’s work experience in 4 or 5 star environment
- At least 1 year experience in well known al a carte kitchen
- Hold a supervisory position or training knowledge thereof
- Good staff management skills
- Good organization skills
- PC Literate on word, excel, Microsoft outlook, Fidelio
- Good understanding of HACCP
· Reference: LS-68232-1503 · Salary: Market Related · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 15 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Norwood - Will work with the two directors and the Group Kitchen manager to ensure that new ideas get implemented properly.You need to experiment with new menu ideas, specials etc. and then through creating training manuals ensure that all the restaurants countrywide produce the same amazing high standard. Travel is involved with this position.
Professionally trained YOUNG chef with some understanding of baking and pastries . You should be an enthusiastic foodie who keeps up with trends and who likes to try new foods out all the time. You should know who current trending chefs are here and internationally and at interview you will have to show your real passion for food . Salary id highly neg from R15,000 for the right person and all travel costs will be covered as this job will involve some national travel .from time to time.
· Reference: LS-68140-0601-023 · Salary: R15-25,000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Restaurant
CENTURION . The position is for a qualified pastry chef eager to train future pastry chefs and young chefs looking to qualify as professional chefs. You should have strong communication skills and be able to write training programs well. You should be able to empathise well with the students .
Professional Chefs qualification
· Reference: LS-68140-0601-033 · Salary: R 16,000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 · Employer type:
Rosebank 5* hotel - Assist the Executive chef to run the kitchens of this 5* hotel . You will assist with staff rostering, staff management on shift, designing specials, assisting with guest liaison for functions .You will be as responsible for GPs as the exec and you should be able to cost menu and design new dishes .
Professional cookery diploma plus at least 8 years in a 4-5 * hotel kitchen .Must ahve both a la carte and 5* banqueting cookery skills as well as kitchen mgt ability .
· Reference: LS-68140-0601-044 · Salary: 16-20,000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
East Rand : To work in the kitchen you are allocated to and provide the best standard of food possible .This is a busy operation with a central kitchen and several hotels on the complex...you will be allocated a specific kitchen unless you are strong enough to eb a chef tournant on the complex.
Professional Chefs diploma with at least 2 years as a sous chef in an established kitchen . You should have both buffet and a la carte experience . You will work shifts .
· Reference: LS-68140-0601-047 · Salary: 16,00 ctc neg · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Jhb North - Newly opening sushi bars in high end retail outlet . Require Asian but English speaking exec chef and Sous chef salary R22,750 and 16,500. also require south africans trained in sushi . Salaries from R5000 to 9,000 dependant on exp and position able to fill
Sushi experience in any environment .
· Reference: LS-68140-0601-049 · Salary: R5000 - 25,000 dep on exp · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Restaurant
Sandton - Chef de Cuisine required for Luxury Boutique Hotel
Looking for a young, dynamic and creative chef de cuisine who can bring some excellent Fine Dining Skills to the Hotel. Must have worked in a Fine Dining environment at some stage and must have the desire to put this restaurant and the hotel on the map and get themselves in magazines and IN newspaper articles and generally get known in the industry by the outstanding food.
· Reference: LS-68140-0601-009 · Salary: R 25000 -30000.00 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 12
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Chef - Johannesburg
Salary: 15k - 20k. Min 2 yrs exp to develop recipes and design, Formal culinary qualification, training staff and maintaining standards Read More...
Assistant Operations Manager - Strand
Salary: R10K to R12k neg. Tourism experience a must, Willing to work long hours sometimes 7 days a week and on call 24 hours Read More...
Senior Spa Therapist - Hazyview
Salary: Competitive basic, commissions, accom and profit sharing. Min 3 yrs exp, Qualified, A thorough knowledge and indepth understanding of the role of social media, and excellent computer skill Read More...
Management Couple - Pangani District
Salary: To be negotiated. Relevant exp, Knowledge and experience with boats, Some skills in maintenance and repair, Oversight of some ongoing small construction projects Read More...
Junior Manager/Field Guide - Kruger National Park
Salary: Negotiable. Tourism qualification & restaurant experience an advantage, FGASA qualified, drivers licence with PDP Read More...