"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
A 4* Boutique Hotel, Restaurant and Conference Centre situated in Sandton.
Six day per week position, 6am - 2pm or 2pm - 10pm. General Head chef duties will apply. Previous experience within a similar role essential.
Professional Cookery/Culinary Arts Diploma is essential. (Internationally qualified an advantage but not essential). OWN TRANSPORT essential.
This candidate needs to have the following skills: Strong HACCAP and Hygiene standards and controls. Exceptional Leadership skills. Ability to lead a team effectively. Will report directly to the Owner who is also a chef by trade (Trained in UK). Excellent Menu Planning, Ordering, Stock Control and Budgeting skills required. Ability to manage team, service and stock effectively. 10 Plus years experience as a chef required. (Seeking mature individual - 30+)
· Reference: LS-71760-0609 · Salary: R16 000 Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
A catering and bakery equipment company is looking for a demonstration/training chef to be based at the Johannesburg office and will be presenting equipment to potential customers / executive chefs. Essential requirements:-
- Qualified chef and EXPERIENCED Hotel Chef - minimum level of Sous Chef), able to communicate with executive chefs on the same level.
- Well presented, appearance is extremely important.
- Excellent presentation ability and good public speaking skills
- Self starter able to plan own events and run own sales program, liaising with the sales team.
- Own vehicle essential and drivers licence
- This is not an operations position but a sales / demonstration role Only candidates with the above specific experience need apply. Applicants who do not have the essential requirements, will not be contacted or communicated with. No skype or telephonic interviews will be given and candidates must be able to attend an interview in person. Open to South African citizens only or non citizens who hold valid South African Permanent Residence
· Reference: LS-71742-3005 · Salary: R20 000 + CAR ALLOWANCE · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Retailer
AA22635- A stunning 5* Country Hotel sitauted in Magaliesburg.
General Chef de Partie duties will apply. Previous experience within a similar position essential. Fine Dining/Bistro Style experience is a requirement.
Professional Cookery Diploma is essential.
This candidate needs to have the following skills: Fine Dining/Bistro Style Experience required. Candidate must be passionate about High-End Plated Cuisine. Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills.
Benefits include: Single Accommodation, Meals on duty, Uniform.
· Reference: LS-71693-1701 · Salary: R5500-R6500 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Centurion- Looking for a competent Head Chef for this busy Lodge
Must have formal qualifications, min 3 yrs. in a snr chef position. Strong on production and function work as well as buffet and a la carte. Looking for a chef who can run a tight kitchen, that can manage staff well while developing them as well. Must have proven ability to run good food cost.
· Reference: LS-71656-07 · Salary: R15 000 - R18 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Sandton - Busy hotel requires an Executive Chef
Matric and Chefs Diploma Essential. A minimum of 5 year s work experience in a 3 or 4 Star Hotel as an Executive Chef or Head Chef. Must have good planning skills, able to lead a team and train staff. Must be excellent at creating menus, stock control and food cost. Must have a good eye for detail and present food in a creative fashion. Must be fluent in English.
· Reference: LS-71656-13 · Salary: 30000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
This small boutique hotel situated in AUCKLAND PARK which has 8 rooms . The meals are prepared with a great deal of personal service . it has a small function room and they do intimate weddings in the gardens ( max 50 pax) You will need to be a very hands on chef with the ability to create food as per the guests needs .Mostly breakfast and dinner only .
Professional Cookery with at least 3-5 years experience in a similar environment or upmarket lodge . You should be able to run the kitchen profitably, cleanly and mange the small kitchen team , whilst doing hands on cookery .This is an urgent position so the client seeks candidates available immediately
· Reference: LS-71656-18 · Salary: R 15,000 - 20,000 live out · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
SOWETO - This skills training kitchen is a satellite of a main one situated in Jhb Central . You must be a current Head Chef or Exec Sous Chef..If you have done any form of training previously that would be great .You MUST know about NQ levels etc. You will however be mainly responsible for the management of this skills training kitchen .Booking classes, ensuring the level of training meets the right levels etc.
Professional Diploma In Cookery with at least 10 years experience in the industry . You should have strong proven managerial skills . You should be able to manage a budget then develop future budgets .You should also have some marketing skills so you can sell cookery classes to the local community as well as sell the Chef's certificate and Diploma Courses . YOU MUST HAVE A PASSION FOR COOKERY AND FOR TRAINING
· Reference: LS-71656-20 · Salary: 15000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Educational
Sandton. Head office of a corporate client so hours will be commensurate , although a night service is provided for support staff of the company .To assist the Executive Chef with the the planning and execution of daily food production.
Diploma in Professional cookery or Diploma in Dietetics, food and nutrition and administration. Minimum 8 years working experience in a reputable establishment with at least 2 years in the Sous chef role .Ability to manage staff , including controlling staff costs,Ability to control costs without compromising food standard by controlling stocks, price comparison etc. You should be able to work with the client to ensure the service levels required are met . Ensure the kitchens meet Health and Safety and HACCP requirements. This is a management and supervisory role but hands on cookery will be required . To meet the clients equity balance requirements this position is open to White or Indian females only
· Reference: LS-71656-33 · Salary: R 15-18 ,000 negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Catering Company
Jhb North - Newly opening retail sushi outlets seek the services of experienced SOUTH AFRICAN Sushi chefs . You will work retail hours and earn good salaries . Merchandise from the client is offered to staff at discount as an additional benefit.
Sushi experience in any environment . You will be paid according to years of experience and dependent on current salary . You must have an extensive knowledge of every aspect of sushi making . You should speak well and have confidence to deal directly with customers
· Reference: LS-71656-36 · Salary: R5 000 - R9 500 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Retailer
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 12
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Conservation Manager - Southern Botswana
Salary: P5 000 - P9 000 dep on exp. A private NGO Nature Reserve in Botswana is looking for a Conservation Manager to manage all aspects of the Reserve's conservation activities. Read More & apply
Pastry Chef - Western Cape (Hout Bay)
Salary: R6 000 – R9 000 dep on exp. 5* establishment is looking for a Pastry Chef to manage the pastry/cold section on their own and be responsible for all produce in this section.Read More...
Head Guide - Hoedspruit
Salary: Negotiable dep on exp. A Game farm / Lodge is looking for a FGASA L2 guide to conduct game drives upon reserve, allocation of guides, hosting of guests, guests transfers. Read More...
Executive Chef - Limpopo Vaalwater
Salary: R 10 000 dep on exp. Executive Chef for 5* lodge in the Waterberg / Vaalwater area. Read More...
Spa Therapist - 1.5hrs from Cape Town
Salary:R6500 + Commission. 5* resort hotel with busy spa seeks an experienced spa Therapist. Read More...