A 5* Hotel in Sandton.
Reporting to the General Manager and Group Financial Manager, the position involves leadership of the Finance department of the Company and operations it manages. This includes the Managing Agent, Management Service. Body Corporate, Home Owners Association, Retail, Rental Pool , Administration for Restaurant and other related business. The Financial Controller is expected to demonstrate excellent Financial controls including analytical and accounting skills which include forecasting, revenue management, Capital Expenditure planning, budgeting, monthly reports to Head Office and related boards. Knowledge of Sectional Title, Mixed use properties, IT Systems and payroll preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing annual budgets and strategic plans in conjunction with the relevant input from relevant parties,
- Preparation of flash profit and revenue reports,
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, forecasts and completion of Head Office returns,
- Preparation of Board Reports for retail, body corporate and home owners association.
- Forecasting and preparation of Budgets, special viability studies and Cash Flows,
- Assistance to the General Manager in respect of commercial and operating decisions which include legal matters, insurance issues and capital expenditure decisions with relevant management,
- Maintenance and integrity of all reporting systems,
- Preparation and review of rental pool payments to the owners,
- Adherence to Group financial policies and compliance with relevant statutory and regulations,
- Attending monthly retail management meetings,
- Arranging monthly legal meeting for retail, body corporate and HOA with the legal representative,
- Attending trustee meetings for the Body Corporate
- Attending directors meetings for the HOA,
- Overall control of the IT
- Liaison with owners and tenants
- Liaison with external service providers.
- Minimum of a relevant Diploma, Bachelors Degree or similar professional qualification with working experience as detailed below
- Alternatively, appropriate levels of leadership as a Financial Controller with a minimum of 7 (seven) years related work experience, preferably in a Hotel and or mixed use property
Demonstrated business, auditing, and commercial acumen, General working knowledge of Sectional title would be an advantage. Working knowledge of AccPac, VIP and Opera, Strategic focus, Presentable and sound communication skills’ Leadership and people development skills, Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Problem solving skills, Integrity, Attention to detail, Knowledge of relevant statutory requirements and tax legislation.
Medical Aid and Provident Fund Contributions. 13th Cheque.
· Reference: LS-76065-2411
· Salary: R40 000 - R45 000
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Gauteng
· Date Posted: 24 May 2017
· Employer type: Hotel