"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
5 Star lodge in KZN are looking for a Head Guide to take control of their Field Guide activities
Duties will include: Management of the Rangers Department including staff, fleet and equipment, Daily Game Drives, Guided Bush Walks, Hosting, Guest Activities, Transfers
Package will include accommodation, gratuities, meals and uniform
The applicant must have strong leadership abilities, previous 5 star Big 5 Lodge experience, be a team player, have exceptional guest relations skills, have initiative and be ambitious.
Qualifications required are: ARH, DEAT registration, FGASA 2 or 3, First Aid, Full Trails, Driver’s License and PDP
Send your CV in Word format together with a recent photo of yourself and include copies of your certificates and names and contact details of references who we can approach to support your application.
· Reference: LS-75955-0502 · Salary: Generous and depending on qualifications and experience · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 05 May 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the resort and its staff. They have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximise profits, the manager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests' needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements
Duties and responsibilities
Guard the efficiency/productivity and the company results:
Draw up plans and budget concepts (revenues, costs, etc. );
Safeguard the realization, tracing and adjustment of deviations;
Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings;
Guard/ controlling of cost price
Delivering of data and proposals for the budgets and investments.
Safeguard quality of operations (internal & external audits)
Manage the various Department Heads
Coordinate planning of Department Heads and Assistant Managers with regard to time-tables, work schedules, employment of employees within the different services; solving of bottle necks;
Coordination of the execution of activities via instructions to the Heads of Departments/ Assistant Managers, supervision of the execution;
Determination of the workforce, recruitment and hiring of new staff, supervision of sufficient introduction, execution of performance reviews and training of staff.
Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads in their absence.
Implement the SOPs optimally in the resort and act as a flag ship establishment for the brand.
Prepare a monthly financial reporting. Ensure an adequate administration, for the outgoing and incoming invoices, for the payment of invoices and for drawing up periodical management data. Justify deviations and differences.
Leading various internal and external meetings and committees and required by the group and statutory regulations
Supervise the fulfillment of the regulations of the employment.
Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
Manages labour standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
Explains and manages financial activities.
Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors. Sales
Works with Regional Director of Sales to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives.
Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market.
Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase visibility within the local market.
Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
Ensure +85% guest satisfaction throughout property.
Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company's goals and objectives.
Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
Perform other duties which are requested by the company.
Skills/Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General education related to hospitality, on middle and higher management level.
- At least 5+ years' experience within the hotel/lodge/ property industry in Management.
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
- Highly managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Possible night shifts
Weekend, Sunday and public holiday shifts
· Reference: LS-75811-0710 · Salary: R35 000 - R50 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 07 Apr 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge