"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
The Junior Assistant General Manager (GM) Couple is responsible for the day-to-day management of the allocated division and its staff. They have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning and organising their department
The Departments are
Maintnance / Events / Game Ranging
Frount of House/ Spa / Admin and Accoutns
The managers must pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests' needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements
Skills/Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General education related to hospitality, on middle management level.
- At least 5 years' experience within the hotel/lodge/ property industry.
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skilful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
- Highly managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Possible night shifts
Weekend, Sunday and public holiday shifts
· Reference: LS-76313-1406 · Salary: R10 000 - R15 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 14 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
5* luxury lodge situated within Big 5 Reserve seeks a suitably qualified and experienced Trails Guide to join their Team. Duties include providing guided game drives to international guests, always ensuring guest safety is priority. The successful incumbent will perform guided Guest walks into Dangerous game territory on request and will host guests at dinners (on a roster basis). He/ She will assist with guest transfers and assist with routine and preventative maintenance in and around the lodge (as well as other ad hoc duties as needed). Related administration applies.
What you need to apply for this position:-
Grade 12, Diploma in Game Lodge management or similar HIGHLY BENEFICIAL. FGASA 1, Full Trails Certification and required walking hours/ encounters; First Aid, ARH, PDP, Unendorsed drivers licence, SASSETA. Must be computer literate on MS Office Suite. Please send through copies of your qualifications with your application.
· Reference: LS-76230-1210 · Salary: Negotiable Live in · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Situated on the outskirts of Pilansberg reserve. You will be required to give guests a complete experience and a perfect stay by ensuring guest are experiencing the highest standard game viewing Ensure that guests are at all-times safe and secure and that the ranger is in control Host guests when required, Assist other departments, Take full responsibility for the game vehicles, equipment. Salary: R4000. 00 per month (after 3 month probation period increased to R 4500. 00), Meals whilst on duty and furnished single accommodation provided. Uniform provided., Leave: 3 weeks on, 1 week off.
Skills/Requirements: Minimum of a qualification or course completed with a recognised training provider in a big game environment Which qualifications will secure this position?, FGASA Level 1, Valid First Aid Certificate, Valid driver s license with valid public drivers license, Fire arm proficiency certificate (with SASSETA), Organized and motivated, Honest, trustworthy and reliable, Able to use initiative and lead by example in all respects, Practice excellent client care, guest service and attention to all detail, Excellent communication in Afrikaans and English Read, write, speak, Ability to multi-task, High-Energy, able to work in fast-paced environment. Must be in great physical condition and perfect health to perform duties in a timely and accurate manner. AA candidates will be given preference
· Reference: LS-76140-09 · Salary: R4 000, live in, meals , uniform , tips · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
This is a very small very luxurious lodge. Maximum 10 guests. Exclusive game and field guide trips. Big 5. You will do game drives, look after vehicles and any equipment. You must also be prepared to host guests for dinner etc.
Have 2 - 3 years experience working in a Big 5 Reserve. Great personality, sound knowledge and solid track record. Responsible and high levels of ethics. Possess all the necessary qualifications for guiding in big 5 Game Reserve. FGASA Level 1 minimum, DEAT registered, PDP, First Aid, ARH, SAPS Rifle Competency A Trails Guide qualification, whilst not essential, would certainly be an added asset, will look at a backup trails guide if motivated. The successful applicant will share drives with our other Field Guide. Please forward copies of qualifications.
· Reference: LS-76140-33 · Salary: R8 500 - R10 000 live in (dep on exp ) 100 % medical aid and provident fund · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Description: Senior Field Guide required in North West.
Grade 12/ Matric
3 - 5 experience in a similar position
Passionate about wildlife
FGASA Level 1/ 2
Valid Driver's License with PDP
First Aid Certificate
SAPS Rifle Competency
Applicants must reside in NORTH WEST or surrounding area.
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
MPRTC is a national recruitment agency and has been operating since 1997. Please Note: In accordance to the APSO Policy and the South African Labour Law, it is illegal for a Recruitment Agency to ask candidates for any fee during or after the application process.
· Reference: LS-75998-1008 · Salary: Dep on exp. · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 10 May 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1