A beautiful hotel in Knysna.
A Group, Conference and Events Coordinator is responsible for maximizing rooms, groups, conference and events revenue for the hotel through pro-active selling and commercial management techniques. You will also be responsible for managing the GC&E activities from initial bookings through to managing and coordinating the event on site as well as post event follow ups as well as:
- Attending to all aspects of reservations for tour operators, travel agents and groups.
- Adequate and accurate information provided to guests & interdepartmental liaison
- Ensuring accurate up to date reservation administration is maintained
- Process bookings for groups and functions
- Ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the Standards required
Excellent written and oral communications skills Presents information in a concise, well-organized manner Supports the team & helps others when needed Develops constructive relationships at all levels within the organization Maintains effectiveness in situations of disappointment or high pressure Adapts willingly to change Identifies priorities effectively, balancing importance, urgency and resources Manages time efficiently within tight schedules Works effectively and accurately with minimal direction Reacts quickly with determination and energy, whilst remaining calm and level headed in order to deliver results. Able to negotiate and ‘close’ a sale Able to develop positive business relationships
- Matric Hospitality qualification will be a bonus.
· Reference: LS-76198-0911
· Salary: Market related
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Eastern Cape
· Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017
· Employer type: Hotel