"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Description: To assist in managing the Daily Hotel Operations in such a manner as to enhance the reputation of the establishment, to the satisfaction of the General Manager/Operations Manager, assisting in achieving the required departmental profit margins and at all times bearing in mind the comfort and well being of all guests.
General Manager/Operations Manager
Key performance areas:
- To circulate regularly in all areas of the hotel, maintaining a high profile with guests and staff.
- To ensure the efficient running of all departments, achieving the desired guest satisfaction results
- To ensure excellent hygiene standards in all departments.
- To ensure discreet but effective security in all areas.
- To ensure that all department heads maintain a high standard of motivation and morale within their respective departments and that they are practising fair and equitable employee relations.
- In conjunction with the General Manager/Operations Manager, to monitor and control profit margins in all departments, ensuring that they are consistently met or exceeded without adversely affecting quality or the overall guest experience.
- To conduct regular performance appraisals with all managers reporting to you, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is affected.
- To ensure that all line managers are conducting regular performance appraisals with their staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effected.
- To take an active interest in the welfare and development of staff in order to improve continuously the motivation of all staff, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- To ensure that all department heads are aware of sound health and safety practices and that they are complying with these requirements within their own areas.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, to ensure that all policies relating to staff recruitment, training, discipline and/or counselling, staff welfare, remuneration, etc. are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure correct and timeous preparation of all Operational reports for presentation to the General Manager/Operations Manager.
- To devote all working efforts for the good of the hotel and not accept any other business commitments without written permission.
- To attend/drive Head of Department meetings, training meetings, Front of House meetings as requested, and on a regular basis, ensure that all HOD's are holding departmental meetings to ensure all staff are briefed on forthcoming events and standard changes.
- To ensure that all equipment and stock is counted on a monthly basis. To ensure there are no stock losses and that stock levels are adjusted to suit the business needs.
- Assume Duty management shifts when required in line with the established Duty management schedules and criteria.
- To monitor the efficient rostering of all staff in accordance with forcusted business and current budgets.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Manager concerning maintenance in all areas to be carried out and check work completed.
- To be aware of the need to control costs and conserve energy in line with the hotel's budget and business forecast, and take necessary steps to fulfill this task.
- To carry out any reasonable duty requested by General Manager/Operations Manager.
Skills/Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General education related to hospitality, on middle and higher management level.
- At least 5 years' experience within the hotel/lodge/ property industry in Hotel Operations.
- 2 years at Management Level
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skilful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks. Personal skills:
- Highly managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Possible night shifts
- Weekend, Sunday and public holiday shifts.
· Reference: LS-76585-1108 · Salary: R25,000 - R35,000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 11 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
We are now accepting applications for a Manager or Management Couple - people with drive and passion for the industry, the ability to lead the team of our boutique hotel and to maintain our standards.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Ensure and maintain a hands on customer services delivery
Maintain the standards
Drive, manage and report on all operations of the boutique hotel
Drive revenue, monitor and control expenses and use of resources
Continuous improvement and innovation of our service delivery
Organize and supervise all staff; manage and control performance appraisals and training.
The ideal person/s should have good interpersonal and communication skills, have good product knowledge, be guest centric, team players and have a keen eye for detail. The position requires that the candidates have a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent, 5 years' experience in management positions within a 5* environment. Must have a valid driver's license with PDP. A working knowledge of MS Office, Opera, Micros or similar systems, as well as front office, butler, concierge and guest relations skills. A Hospitality qualification; and knowledge of SAP, Guest Connect, Jarrison and Concept will be advantageous.
CLOSING DATE: 13 July 2017
· Reference: LS-76529-0702 · Salary: tba · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Description: Kendrick Recruitment is URGENTLY seeking a Lodge Manager at a game reserve in the Western Cape. The successful candidate should ideally be able to start immediately and will oversee the day to day running of the lodge.
Qualifications / Experience
5 Star experience preferred
Should have at least 2 years of management experience in the same position
Valid driver's license
Previous experience dealing with international guests preferred
Well-spoken and presentable
Permanent live in position for a single candidate. Salary is between R10 000 and R15 000 depending on experience.
Please attach written references and a recent head and shoulders photograph.
· Reference: LS-76348-2007 · Salary: R10 000 - R15 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 20 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Housekeeper Supervisor - Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on expSupervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in lodge as well as tidiness and to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained throughout the lodge.. Read More & apply
Front Office And Reservations - Hartbeespoortdam
Salary: R5 000 dep on exp. We need someone with good people and telephone skills to handle telephone, walk ins and email booking enquiries, as well as other FOH functions.Read More...
Field Guide - Johannesburg/Kruger
Salary: Neg dep on exp and qualifications. Safari operator requires permanent FGASA level 1 guides to conduct guided vehicle safaris in National Parks and in a big 5 environment.Read More...
Senior Chef - Stanford
Salary: Dep on experience. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced chef who is enthusiastic, hard working with a passion for creating exciting food.Read More...
Direct Sales Consultant - Cape Town City Centre
Salary:Dep on Experience + Comm. One of the largest Adventure Tour Companies in Africa is seek a dynamic and experienced person to join their vibrant team of DIRECT SALES consultants. Read More...