"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, itâ€™s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Established in 1975, Hotel Staff is a full service, personnel placement agency, specializing in the recruitment of qualified personnel for the hospitality and allied industries. In 2002 the company became wholly owned by the consultants who assist you in your recruitment search.
We are the largest specialized Hospitality, Food & Beverage Recruitment Company in South Africa with branches in Durban, Nelspruit, Cape Town and Johannesburg. Our Recruitment consultants have all been selected from the hospitality industry and their knowledge and experience of actual operations qualify them to support and assist our clientsâ€™ recruitment needs.
Our services are retained by most of the hotel groups and leading hotels in South Africa. Suppliers to the hotel industry and various food processing companies are also counted amongst our clients. Clients in the Middle East include the Dubai Park Hotel in the UAE and Brothers Group in Bahrain. Business development into Africa is also currently taking place, as we are servicing current clients who are developing properties into Africa as well as establishing a reputation with new clients. Hotelstaff was the preferred agency, at the inception of Hyatt International, Hilton International and Sheraton in South Africa. We were responsible for the entire recruitment process for the opening of their hotels in Southern Africa.
The office in Johannesburg is where HOTELSTAFF originated. We are proud to be both nationally and internationally active. Based in a metropolitan arena our focus falls upon large volume Hotels, Resorts, Guest Houses, Clubs as well as Restaurants, we have also actively grown our reputation in the Food production industry and with all suppliers to the hospitality trade. Recruitment specifically into industrial cleaning companies is an area of growth for Hotelstaff. We are proud to provide a service to any company that provides services related to the hospitality industry.
The Johannesburg office is now owned by two consultants Silvana Pearson and Shirley Fawke, who purchased the business from their previous employer in July of 2002. Silvana trained at Wits hotel School and joined the industry with Southern Suns. After having a family she and her husband ran a very successful bakery /catering company for several years before Silvana joined Hotelstaff as a consultant in August 1997. Shirley achieved a Diploma in Hospitality management at Westminster College UK. She held Food & beverage management positions both in the hotel and industrial catering fields in UK , Australia and South Africa before joining Hotelstaff in June of 1993. Shirley has also been involved with Stafselect, the general recruitment company attached to Hotelstaff and for 1 year worked as a consultant to Salesearch, a specialist sales and marketing recruitment company.
4 hotels on complex will be based at 5* Hotel within casino complex , but will carry out duties at all hotels You will liaise will all guests to ensure their stay on complex is a good one . You should be very well spoken , well presented and capable.
Hotel school Diploma , Opera . Strong guest relationship skills , Positive outlook etc .Current Front Office
· Salary: 9000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Casino
Jhb North - New Bakery/ Restaurant concept requires a Head Baker
Looking for a skilled Head Baker to run the bread section of this new Bakery/ Patisserie . Candidate must have a stable track record in Bakeries and be a specialist in artisan breads. Will work shifts and weekends, looking for a committed individual who has a passion for his craft and is able to train and develop a team under him. Training will take place overseas for 2 months
· Salary: 20000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Jhb North - Head Pastry Chef required for a new Bakery/patisserie concept being brought in from overseas
Looking for a skilled Head Pastry chef to run the patisserie section of this new Bakery/ Patisserie . Candidate must have a stable track record in Bakeries and be a specialist in cakes and pastries. Will work shifts and weekends, looking for a committed individual who has a passion for his craft and is able to train and develop a team under him. Training will take place overseas for 2 months
· Salary: 20000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Magaliesberg . 5 * luxury boutique hotel with 32 rooms, banqueting and wedding faciliites for upto 200 pax.A fine dining restaurant . You will be required to maintain the very high standards of cleanliness with budgeted parametres .Manage a team of staff who are all employed by the hotel ( local staff ).The owner is extremely proud of his hotel and expects staff to be too.Like every staff member on the property you will be required to help guests with anything and everything .
Hospitality Diploma or at least 5-10 years houseking management .ONLY in 5* hotel housekeeping will be considered .You must also be a strong staff manager able to work in a spread out venue .You should be able to walk the property ensuring you check maintenance all over and check a very very high standard of cleanliness .
· Salary: R 8-10,000 neg on exp · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Lanseria - Production kitchen requires a Jnr Sous Chef
Formal Chef Qualifications and min 4 years experience in the industry. Would prefer a candidate who has done large volume catering and can handle a production environment and must cope with pressure. Shift work involved.
· Salary: R10 -12000 · Location: Gauteng · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
Melrose area ; Prepare meals in a small but busy bistro style restaurant .The owner is a chef and she creates the menu, so she wants someone who likes to prepare good simple tasty food.
Professional cookery diploma with 2-3 years basic experience. Ability to work in small well organised kitchen . Excellent hours MON- SATURDAY 7 AM - 16H00 ...ONE WEEKEND OFF A MONTH ..
Duties and Responsibilities Oversee the day to day operations of the kitchen, manage staff and staffing levels , ensure adherence to set operating standards, quality levels and code of conduct , deal with disciplinary issues , deal with and resolve kitchen issues as they arise
general maintenance in kitchen , provide management support to Supervisors , Inventory management and variance analysis ,Kitchen innovation and product development
Manage and report on kitchen profitability ,People development – reviewing and monitoring of kitchen staff, co-ordinate staff training program
Run various ad hoc projects
Qualification & Experience
Education – Grade 12 and preferably a tertiary qualification in a reputable Chef School
Minimum of 4 years post qualification working experience in a quality service based business
Staff management experience , Computer literate - word, excel ,you need a strong organised personality ...Working Hours Monday - Friday : 3:00am-1:00pm OR Sunday - Thursday : 1:00pm-11:00pm OR Alternate hours to be discussed at commencement
Own car/driver’s license IS ESSENTIAL
· Salary: r26,000 CTC · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
Sandton - Boutique hotel requires a Maintenance foreman
Must have a background in hotel maintenance with relevant tertiary qualifications or trade papers . You should be able to manage a team of staff and complete all records required. Should have a good knowledge of all relevant skills, i.e. electrical, plumbing , carpentry ,refrigeration and Water system management and needs to be very uptodate with Technology and new security systems. Hands on person to manage a small team. Standards to be maintained are extremely high so the person must work to these exacting standards at all times.
· Salary: R25 000 plus retirement fund · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
This 5* luxury country hotel has 32 double rooms , An a la carte restaurant, a terrace , 4 Function rooms the biggest of which accommodates 100 pax, and 4 board rooms .
The hotel is situated out of the town and has a generator that runs quite a lot of the time . The successful person will be fully responsible for the maintenance of the generator , the water pumps on the property and all general maintenance .
Trade papers for electrical or plumbing , preferably both . Experience in property maintenance management is essential , preferably in a Hotel .
You will manage several staff . You should be able to plan maintenance as well as swiftly look after any immediate problems that occur . You must be able to handle guests well , negotiate with suppliers etc .
You MUST also be a hands on repairman , not just a staff manager . The GM expects you to walk the property regularly and pick up problems .
The position is live out so the client needs someone form Krugersdorp or Rustenberg area or somoen willing to find own accommodation in the area.( there are cottages but not cheap )
· Salary: 20,000 neg · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Muldersdrift - Boutique 5 * hotel requires a strong Pastry Chef
Need to have Matric certificate and formal tertiary education specialising in Pastry. Must have at least 3 years’ experience preferably in a 4* and 5* hotels. Needs to have exceptional knowledge of fine dining pastry as well as sugar and chocolate work. strong knowledge of costs, wastage and hygiene. International Experience an advantage. Candidate will be required to maintain high standards in the award winning fine dining restaurant and be creative and innovative
· Salary: R8000 -10 000 live in · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
jhb North -Restaurant Manager required for a new Bakery/patisserie concept being brougJht in from overseas
Looking for a Dynamic, driven and energised restaurant manager who has passion and commitment. Min 5 years experience as a Restaurant Manager in a busy restaurant. Person must be very customer focused with Good Front of House and Back of house experience. .Able to work irregular restaurant hours including evenings and weekends. Looking for a natural leader who leads from the front.
· Salary: R25 -35000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Cape Town - Restaurant General Manager required for outlet at the Airport.
Looking for a Restaurant General manager with preferably a chef background to oversee a busy upmarket coffee shop at the airport. Need to be strong on controls and standards and have good knowledge of kitchens as will have to oversee the production of airline meals for charter flights. Would also suit a current Catering Manager who would like a to work in a different environment.
· Salary: R14 000 plus incentive · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Muldersdrift - Hotel requires restaurant Manager
upmarket fine dining restaurant requires an experienced food and beverage person who has experience running a restaurant. Must have a good understanding of food and beverage including financial and banqueting and staff management. Must have formal qualification and a stable track record in good upmarket properties
· Salary: 15000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
GAUTENG HEALTHCARE SECTOR To oversee the catering managers at several private Hospital outlets . You should have held a similar position , preferably in Healthcare previously .
Hospitality or Food Service Mgt Diploma with at least 5-8 years experience . Must have run canteens etc. for at least 5 years .HEALTHCARE experience and knowledge of diets etc is a huge advantage for this position..
· Salary: R26,000 + petrol allowance neg · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
32 roomed 5* award winning hotel. You will be fully responsible for the running of the hotel at Night. Completing night audit , ensuring customers receive a superb service of they require anything after hours , looking after the safety and security of the hotel etc. .This person will do more than usual night audit .He must do b -i monthly stock take of all bars and the kitchen and stores
Hotel school Diploma , 3-5 years experience as a night auditor, , at least 2 as an assistant manager .Your background MUST be 4 or 5* . You should have a valid driver's license and preferably your own car . The position is NOT live in so you need to be able to find accommodation in the area or drive your own car from west rand area .
In addition to a salary of 12-- R15,000 neg on exp you will receive meals on duty and after 3 month probation medical aid and provident fund contributions will be added to your package . It would be advantage if you have worked on GAAP and Semper before .
YOU MUST HAVE RECORD OF BEING SOBER . YOU MUST BE A NON SMOKER ..
· Salary: R15,000 neg for right person · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Ekurhuleni, Cresta and Jhb North. High end restaurant seeks 3 senior restaurant managers.
- Complete management of the restaurant
- Opening and closing of the restaurant
- Set departmental targets and objectives
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Maintain quality excellence
Minimum 5 years experience as a restaurant manager
Excellent leadership skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Micros
Ability to work under pressure
· Salary: R18 - 25 000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type:
Client requires 2 supervisor s , one for the fine dining restaurant in the 5* hotel . the other is for a very very busy buffet restaurant . You will be responsible for assisting the waiters to give a smooth and fast service . You will supervise both permanent and contract staff so you need to be able to continually rain on the job,
Matric/Grade 12. Must have 2 to 3 years’ experience in Fine Dining environment of which at least 1 year is in a supervisory capacity. Hotel School Management Diploma would be an added advantage Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required with a strong focus on Guest Service; Knowledge and experience in cost controls would be an added advantage. Computer literacy: MS Office, Micros and Materials Control required.Shift work is an operational requirement.
· Salary: R6500+ · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
QATAR Facilities management company seeks the services of a qualified safety office Duties and Responsibilities Standards Ensure all work is carried out as per the contract and client specification. Plan, organize and control the departments to ensure that the company and the client benefits from the best HSE policies in place. Conduct daily inspections of all areas to ensure the implementation of QHSE policies and practices. .Direct safety, security and fire fighting team, to ensure high quality services are delivered to the client.
Ensure that all job site and/or camp site procedures are strictly followed .Ensure that all needed equipment and supplies are available to perform the job at all times. .Ensure that all equipments are systematically checked as per the client and manufacturers’ recommendations Perform all reporting and administrative duties accurately and on time. Conduct safety audits and inform the management of any prospect of activity development and any potential direct or indirect problem for the company. Regularly review with the performance of every employee reporting to him and set targets.Control the inventory and usage of equipment and fixed assets of the company allocated to his department. Attend safety meetings and present reports to the client and management as per the defined schedules. Ensure that each and every employee under his responsibility is fully trained as per the standards laid down.Organize and conduct safety training for all staff. Keep and maintain up-to-date records of on-the-job and off-the-job training .Perform any other duties out of the normal routine but within the scope of the job as per the instruction of Operations Manager / Project Manager.
Health and Safety Diploma , or similar experience in construction, or site of some sort .Ability to train an ever changing workforce on safety habits .NEBOSH would be a strong advanatage .Ability to complete reports clearly in good English. VALID PASSPORT ( MIN 2 YEARS TO EXPIRY )
· Salary: R14,000 to 16,000 live in tax free · Location: United Arab Emirates · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Outsourced
Assist in the smooth running of the kitchens of one of the hotels in a busy casino complex. Ensure a high standard of cookery is adhered in this 5 * hotel . You will manage a team of your own and be responsible for kitchen hygiene staff management etc.
Professional chef's Diploma , and at a least 6-7 years experience in a busy 5* kitchen with at least 1 year as a sous chef or senior chef de partie . Must know and have practiced Haccp ...Must be able to run a shift . Creative, but able to handle big volumes .and also do fine dining a la carte
· Salary: neg on current · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Casino
AUCKLAND PARK . You will be required to work in the training kitchens of this industry association Assist with compiling all orders for kitchen Assist in preparing for all functions hosted in the kitchen Ensure lunch is made and served to students Training of the specific one, five and ten day specialized courses Assists in managing cleaning roster and schedules
Making sure all training material is up to date and filed Compiling lesson plans for 1, 5 and 10 day courses Ensure all relevant training material is printed Ensure that certificates are collected and handed out Ensure that registers, indemnity forms and course evaluation forms are completed And filed according to course and date Ensure kitchen is set up for training Issuing and setting up of ingredients for practical courses Ensure that the Kitchen and theatre is cleaned according to standard
You must have a full Diploma in Professional cookery and approximately 2 years in industry. Previous training experience would be a huge plus . You must be able to communicate well with confidence, have a very positive and motivating personality .You should be able to handle administration really .
· Salary: R7000 - 7500 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Educational
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to manager the assigned units in accordance with sector strategy, contract specifications and statutory regulations as well as ensure overall efficient and effective management of the units to provide a great quality Food Service.Employee development, Ensure Health and Safety Standards are maintained, Control expenses, Web based systems management (saffron, point of sales reports) Communication with the client / staff on a daily basis, Excellent purchasing, stock and cash controls, Sound understanding of compiling reports, Execute IR related matters
5 years’ experience Private Healthcare, Performance Management of staff, Adhering to Administration Processes, Good understanding of Industrial Relations. Computer literate, Excellent communication and listening skills, Interpersonal skills, Attention to detail, Problem solver
· Salary: R24,500 + 4500 car allowance, 800 cell · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
Sandton - Luxury Hotel requires an Assistant Guest Relations Manager
Previous work experience in a 4 or 5 Star Establishment
Exposure to International Hotels and Travel Industry
Previous work experience as Hotel Front Desk / Reception Agent or similar
Well-spoken and fluent in English
Fluency in an International Language will be an advantage
Excellent Communication skills & Guest relations qualities in person, telephonically and written
Well-developed leadership and training skills
Computer Literate (MS Office, Fidelio/Opera)
Excellent Administration Skills
Prepared to Work Shifts
Degree or Diploma in Public Relations/ Marketing or Similar Qualification.
Own transport would be recommended
Job responsibilities include
assisting the Senior Guest Relations Manager in establishing Brand and Company Standards; overseeing and directing all aspects of the Guest Services function to achieve the highest possible Guest Satisfaction to Guests, whilst promoting the desired work culture in line with company Policies and Procedures as well as Leading Hotel of the World Standards.
· Salary: 18000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Cape Town - Restaurant at busy Airport requires an Assistant Coffee Shop Manager/Receptionist
Looking for a young and dynamic Assistant Coffee Shop Manager/Receptionist . Must have formal hospitality qualification and experience in a restaurant. Must be well presented and able to communicate efficiently and effectively and be very customer focused.
· Salary: 5000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
You will assist in the opening of a newly opening restaurant . Put in systems, train staff , then run restaurant on a shift basis .
You MUST have worked in a busy restaurant before (NOT FAST FOOD) .You must have opened a store , managed staff on a shift of your own, and cashed up .
You should live in the Midrand area and you should have completely reliable transport for shift work ..
· Salary: 8000 neg on exp +++ · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Birdhaven ( near Wanderers) .Busy coffee shop situated ina small shopping centre . It is open for breakfast and lunch and tea. Monday to Saturday .Some evenings functions from time to time . You will be responsible for smooth service. assisting with the ongoing creation of fresh new dishes and specials, assisting with ordering etc. Would suit young chef graduate looking for good hours and bale to work front of house too.
Looking for a young hospitality graduate with some cookery knowledge. You should be able to jump into the kitchen and push orders when required . Mostly Hosting duties
· Salary: R12,000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Will be responsible for a busy busy restaurant, ( 400 ++ seater ) must be able to manage a big team of staff . ( most of whom are outsourced ) you should be very organised to ensure that walks in get as good service if not better than all the function guests who take their lunches there . Staff training is vital . You must also be able to manage costs ( ie not overstaff, watch costs for disposables , ensure bar bills are done correctly etc etc
ENERGETIC .. PROACTIVE 1.Matric/Grade 12. Hotel School Management Diploma would be an added advantage. 3 years’ experience in a Restaurant/Food & Beverage Services environment of which at least 2 year must be in a Supervisory or Assistant Manager capacity. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required with a strong focus on Guest Service. Excellent organizational skills required. Knowledge and experience of cost controls required. Computer Literate: MS Office, Micros and Materials Control required.Shift work is an operational requirement.
· Salary: R 18,000+/- · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Magaliesberg This 5* 32 roomed hotel has a fine dining restaurant , a terrace, and banqueting rooms that can accommodate meetings for 6 upto weddings etc for 150 pax. The job requires you to do hosting and floor management in the restaurant but also at times ensure light meal service on the terrace, and assist with the service of teas etc to the smaller meeting rooms. The client seeks someone who will join their small staff team and be willing to assist customers in any way possible .
Hospitality Diploma with at least 5-6 years experience in a 5* hotel or lodge in a similar position . The position is open to all but accommodation is not easy to find. The closest big town is Krugersdorp . The client is prepared to employ someone with their own car if they are prepared to drive the 40 mins or so to work from Krugersdorp area. There are cottages in the region but they are hard to come by .Salary is highly negotiable dependent on the accommodation situation ..R15,000++
· Salary: R 15,000++++ · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Jhb South - Hotel looking for a Banqueting Manager
Formal Hospitality Qualifications with 3 + years experience in a similar Position or a current Assistant Banqueting Manager the is ready for promotion. Must have own transport Must be willing to work shifts and as the business requires . Live out position The successful incumbent will deal with clientele and Guests and must be well groomed will be required to be a self starter, show initiative and integrity must have the ability to listen, report and communicate effectively, demonstrate controls and a logical approach to problem solving ,demonstrate accuracy and numeracy must have the ability to handle conflict situations and manage under pressure be able to identify problems, resolve and implement solutions effectively must adhere to Company policies, procedures, rules and regulations at all times , demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and colleagues
· Salary: R15 000 -16000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Pretoria - Country hotel requires an Events and Banqueting Manager
Grade 12. Plus tertiary qualification in Food and Beverage management
4 Years industry experience and 2 years in Banqueting management
Knowledge of Micros Fidelio and Opera (specific to sales and Catering)
Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent Verbal and Written Skills.
Looking for an analytical thinker who has good time management skills. Must be a problem solver and good decision maker. Must be a good team player and have good attention to detail.
· Salary: R10 -13000 CTC · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Jhb Soutn - Banqueting Barman Required for this busy hotel
Looking for a mature , experienced Banqueting barman who will control the bar for all functions in the hotel. Must be exceptionally good on stock take and stock control as stocktakes will take place before each function and after each function. Barman must have a min 5 years similar experience. Must have a strong personality to deal with the staff. Position does not require direct work with clients .
· Salary: neg on current · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Hazelwood Pretoria - To work in this well known meat speciality restaurant . the owners are beef farmers who supply directly with other farmers they know . Need a well experienced blockman who is able to maximize use of carcasses etc,.
Must have been a blockman in a recognised butchery for at least 5-10 years .Must be able to plan production and work with restaurant manager to meet retail sales demand as well as the restaurant
· Salary: R 6-12,000 highly negotiable · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Catering /Food Service Management/ Hotel school Diploma with at least 5 years experience in the industrial canteen management field , You should have strong staff supervisory skills .Position available in Westville , KZN
Due to the nature of the contract and for security reasons the client seeks a male candidate . You should have a stable background in catering management and be able to handle high volume low cost feeding . You have to do a lot of training for the staff too.
· Salary: R 16,000 ++++ · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
Westville KZN, Tokai Cape Town and Krugersdorp Gauteng . You will be required to provide meals to upto 5,000 people a day . Cost effectively but with some imagination .You need to prepare cyclical menus that make the food interesting as possible . You should be able to train on an ongoing basis and to keep kitchen hygiene standards up at all times . The environment requires the services of FEMALES only .
Food Service Management , or Hospitality Diploma or a minimum of 8 years in High Volume catering . You must be able to manage a large team of staff and and trainees . You must have a good knowledge of daily , weekly and monthly cost controlling and reporting .
· Salary: R25,000 neg · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
small but busy risk contract in a corporate office in Midrand . You must be a creative chef with an ability to run a kitchen independently . You must be able to think on your feet, create daily specials .control costs.., new creative ideas for people who eat there regularly
professional cookery .Strong kitchen management skills . Costing skills and knowledge
· Salary: 12,500 MAX · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
newly opening up market steak house restaurant ..needs chefs of various levels and grillers . You will work in the section you are best at .so state what you do on your CV
EXPERIENCED GRILLERS .from steakhouse BACKGROUND ONLY ...THEN VARIOUS LEVEL RESTAURANT EXPERIENCED CHEFS ONLY ..You must be able to get transport to do shifts for new mall in Midrand .
· Salary: R3000 - 8000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Lanseria - Production kitchen requires a Chef de Partie
Formal Chef Qualifications and min 2 years experience in the industry. Would prefer a candidate who has done large volume catering and can handle a production environment and must cope with pressure. Shift work involved.
· Salary: R5 -7000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Catering Company
Busy resort and conferencing hotel situated on outskirts of JHB. seeks the services of a strong young pastry chef who can be creative but cost effective .Work in a team who are currently re designing the menus . You must be able to manage your own little department , cleanly and organising 2 -3 junior staff
Professional Chef Diploma with a particular liking for pastry .The team is small but efficient and there has never been a specialist pastry person before so you will head up changes . You must be able to show staff who are used to making buffet puddings how to do some more exotic things .GM wants to start Sunday high teas for the many day visitors , so he expects the standards to be brought up well . Salary is R6000 to 8000 live out , and may be slightly neg for the right person ,You should live on the West Rand or be prepared to find your own accommodation in the area .. Krugersdorp about 25 mins drive away ..
· Salary: R 6-8000 dep on exp · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Cape Town - Coffee shop Manager required for outlet at the Airport
Formal qualifications and min 4 years in the industry. Looking for a very well presented, energetic individual who has run a coffee shop/restaurant before. Must be able to communicate at all levels . Strong on controls and staff management.
· Salary: 10000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Restaurant / Coffee Shop
Port Elizabeth - Outsourced company requires a Contract Manager
Matric plus Hotel School Diploma is essential, as well as a minimum of five years experience as an Executive Housekeeper in a five star hotel. International experience and knowledge of rooms standards is essential. Knowledge of current labour legislation, as well of NQ experience and the assessor process are a huge advantage. Excellent communication skills required and fluency in English is essential! . Must be assertive, diligent and hardworking. Start date 1 May
· Salary: Neg · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Outsourced
Pretoria - 4* Hotel requires a Deputy General Manager
Will deputise for the General Manager. Assist General Manager in setting targets and budgets, Maximize profit by capacity management, yield management, quality guest services and effective staff management. Expense control and financial management. Perform operational management deputise, manage specific Hotel departments as delegated by General Manager. Involvement in sales and marketing activities, Manage relationships with internal and external contractors. Formal Qualifications and experience in similar Position. Must have worked in 4* properties before
· Salary: R43000 TCTC · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
East London - Food and Beverage Duty Manager required for busy hotel
Will be required to supervise and control all F&B outlets. The successful candidate must have at least 4-5 years’ experience in the above position or similar within a hotel/restaurant essential. The successful candidate must have the following qualities: Be hands on, Good staff management, Be well presented. Must have the ability to deal with guests. Must have the ability to work in a busy environment, with long hours. Min Grade 12 fluent English speaking and valid driver’s Licence. Ability to perform under pressure. Able to work long hours, weekends and Public Holidays (not a 9 – 5 job). . Provident Fund after 3 months
· Salary: 10000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Klerksdorp - Lodge Looking for an Events Co-ordinator who to take full responsibility for the profitable operation of the banqueting department, from co-ordinting the events to running the functions as well
Must have matric and formal hospitality qualifications and min 1 year experience in Banqueting.
· To ensure efficient quick and friendly service is provided to the guest.
· To ensure that all quotation requests are responded to quickly and efficiently. Reply must be made on the same day and followed up within 2 days.
· To ensure that the relevant costing procedures are being adhered to, taking special cognisence of food and casual labour costing.
· To ensure that a good image is projected by all employees. This being efficiency, courteousness, helpfulness, appearance and cleanliness.
· To ensure that the required level of discipline and deport is maintained at all times bb all employees.
· To ensure that all guest queries and complaints are being dealt with in an efficient, prompt and courteous manner, thus achieving guest satisfaction
· To ensure that accepted quotations and dealt with efficiently and that all the necessary documentation is send out and followed up, that it is received timeously.
· To ensure that function sheets are given out timeously and that everyone understands what is required.
· To ensure that function rooms are set up, serviced and maintained according to company policy.
· To ensure that all function equipment /stock is maintained in good order.
· To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained.
· To personally greet all conference /wedding delegates and maintain contact throughout the function.
· To introduce the management team to the main contact at the conference.
· To personally maintain customer contact during meal times and during conference/functions break times.
· To ensure that all correspondence is filed and all files are up to date.
· To co-operate with the company’s sales and marketing departments.
· To market and promote the hotels banqueting and conference facilities from within, by maintaining regular contact with the pco’s
· To ensure that the daily and monthly reports are sent out on time and handed to the relevant people.
· To comply with internal audit procedures.
· To ensure that the banqueting manager is aware of up and coming functions so that the duty rosters can be drawn up accordingly.
· To ensure that the relevant deposit and payment procedures are being adhere to.
· To ensure that all provisional bookings are entered in Fidelio
· To attend such training courses as may be arranged from time to time.
· To be conversant with the labour relations act, the applicable wage regulating agreement. This being the basic conditions of employment act.
· To adhere to the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedures and to attend and/ or chair such procedures as and when required.
· To endeavor at all to promote and maintain sound industrial relations, ensuring that regular management and worker, representative/ management meetings are being held.
· To ensure the continued development of the hotels employees, in line with the company’s mission statement.
· Salary: R7 -8000 live in · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
4 * hotel requires an Executive Housekeeper
Min Matric and 4- 5 yrs experience as an Executive Housekeeper in a 4*star hotel. Good knowledge of rooms standards is essential. Knowledge of current labour legislation a huge advantage. Excellent communication skills required and the ability to train staff. Must be energetic, motivated and able to work under pressure
· Salary: R36000 TCTC · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
To oversee the Food and beverage department of this 5* boutique hotel. Run thr restaurant , terrace , bar and 2 function rooms profitably and efficiently. Managing staff and working with the Head chef to ensure a modern, but very high class food offering . You will be fully responsible for managing stock control , negotiating purchase prices , controlling purchase levels . You should be able to assist GM in setting menu pricing , function pricing etc .
Hotel School Diploma or a Degree in Hospitality ..5* hotel background ..with experience in stock control , restaurant management and F&B management. You must be able to run the department in a very hands on manner but with good business accumen .
· Salary: R20-22,000 neg for right person · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Johannesburg - Large multifaceted hotel and centre requires a strong Food and Beverage manager
Must have formal hospitality qualifications and experience in Food and Beverage for min 5 years in a snr Management position. Banqueting experience is essential s the property is large with extensive functions and team building events. Must be a peoples person with an extrovert personality and must have strong people development skills and be a team leader
· Salary: R30 000 ctc · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Pretoria - 4* hotel requires a Food and Beverage Manager
Formal Hotel Qualification and min 4 Yrs Experience as a Food and Beverage Manager. Responsibilities - Effective management of Food and Beverage outlets to standard, according to budget constraints whilst maximising profits. Responsible for all guest services and administration in Food and Beverage department. Financial reporting, Food and Beverage cost control and budgets to ensure maximum profitability of the department. Perform sales and marketing function for Food and Beverage department and achieve 100% of budgeted sales figures. Maintain required hygiene and guest satisfaction levels. Effectively manage people in order to maximise the effectiveness of Food and Beverage staff and develop their potential. Be an integral member of the hotel management team, proactively identify, communicate and respond to areas requiring improvement within the overall hotel operation. Must have worked in a 4 * property.
· Salary: R40 -42000 TCTC · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Johannesburg - Outsourced Company requires a General Manager to run the Division
· Management of the regional operations and administration team thus ensuring operational efficiencies are met at all times across our prestigious client base
· Ensure safety at all times (team and environment)
· Maintain client relationships at strategic level
· Staff management including IR & manpower development and training
· Maintain high cleaning standards
· Profit and Loss, Budgets and financial planning (Monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually)
· Implementation ISO 9001 quality systems.
· Liaise and negotiate at all levels
· Liaise and negotiate with suppliers
· 5-8 years previous management experience ideally within the Hospitality industry
· 5-8 business management experience
· Financial and business acumen
· Understanding of Health and Safety regulations and legislations
· Planning, organizing and ability to delegate
· Labour relations
· Salary: 50000 · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Pretoria - Country lodge requires a Restaurant Manager
Matric (Grade 12)
· A hotel industry qualification would be a distinct advantage
· Previous hotel experience and work experience in a similar role.
· Opera and Micros knowledge
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Must be GUEST service driven, and a team player
· To have Managerial & Organizational skills
· Driver’s License & Own Transport
· Computer Literacy essential (Excel & Word)
· Self-disciplined & attention to detail
· Work / perform well under pressure
· To have a professional appearance
· This position involves the working of Executive duty manager shifts
· Salary: R13 -17000 CTC · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 12 Apr 2016 · Employer type: Hotel
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Restaurant Dinner Manager - Devon Valey
Salary: R8 500 dep on exp. A restaurant in the Cape Winelands is looking for an experienced Restaurant Dinner Manager used to 5* delivery.Read More & apply
Senior Chef - Limpopo
Salary: R10 000. Senior chef to take responsibility and cater for International guests at three 5 star lodges. Food preparation, cooking and baking.Read More...
Spa Therapist - Island Beach Lodge
Salary: $1000 + Accom & Food. We are looking for an experienced professional Female Spa Therapist to join our team at Kayamawa.Read More...
Ranger / Field Guide - Grahamstown District
Salary: R4 500. We are looking for a young, outgoing guide to join our team. Applicant should be qualified as a FGASA Level 1 guide, possess a valid First Aid Certificate and be DEAT registered.Read More...
Couples Position Guide & Spa / FOH - Kruger National Park
Salary: On Application, Dep on Experience.. Lukimbi Safari Lodge is looking for a Guide and Spa/FOH couple. Read More...